• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

scottus86

For a striker to challenge Nombe I see Connor Wickham would be a good choice and as back up/punt Lewis Mansell if he's cheap.

GK is an interesting one. I wouldn't mind a loan like in previous season. Stephen Henderson is available though and at 34 has experience and it's a good age for a goalkeeper. A one year contract could be an option.

Myles Kenlock as a left back has been mentioned and would be a good addition if we can secure him.

scottus86

Also I see Lewis Page is available. He was easily capable of playing at league one level imo.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Connor Wickham will be demanding more than 2,500 a week.

Re Lewis Page, good player but can't stay fit as we all know.

scottus86

Connor Wickham will be demanding more than 2,500 a week.

Re Lewis Page, good player but can't stay fit as we all know.
Both Page and Sparkes have their periods on the sidelines. Maybe if we rotated them, they would both be able to play a more consistent role.

scottus86

Joel Colman is also available (GK) and has played almost 60 games at league one level.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wickham would seen a very decent signing.

Page, Fitness is a big issue there and again imho he is not as good as Sparkes so would only be back up.

Henderson i would be happy with as a signing. Experienced etc. But leaves it open for Lee to come in the following season.

Bridgy 81

Wickham would seen a very decent signing.

Page, Fitness is a big issue there and again imho he is not as good as Sparkes so would only be back up.

Henderson i would be happy with as a signing. Experienced etc. But leaves it open for Lee to come in the following season.
Lewis Page played a reasonable number of matches for Harrogate last season and for us the year before.
But after breaking through spectacularly as a teenager some years ago Connor Wickham has been severely hampered by injuries in recent times.

scottus86

Lewis Page played a reasonable number of matches for Harrogate last season and for us the year before.
But after breaking through spectacularly as a teenager some years ago Connor Wickham has been severely hampered by injuries in recent times.
Sounds like our kind of man.

scottus86

Do we have an in and out thread for this transfer window? Usually it's a sticky thread.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Presumably there was a reason that Page left us last season. Though didn't he want a move back to the South East, hence ending up at.....Harrogate