• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

The deluder

Rather hoped his replacement would be Archie Collins rather than yet another lower league journeyman.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
That’s who I had in mind, 11 goals and 7 assists from midfield last season that is the way to replace Hiram.
Hiram scored once last season.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So I wonder if there will be a bit of a wait for the next player to come in? It’s rare we sign one, let alone two players in May so it’s been really nice to see Taylor getting on with business.

I still think we will see another 4-5 permanent players arrive in the next month or so. Key areas being:

GK x 2
RB
LB
Striker

Then suspect we may see another striker and perhaps an attacking midfielder to come in on loan later in the window. The permanent first choice goalkeeper and striker are really key. If we get a ‘keeper who’s solid, is a good shot stopper and has a command of his area that would be great. And as for the striker I hope we get someone pacy, perhaps a bit of an unknown quantity rather than a journeyman like we did with Forte last season.

Anyone heard any inside info??

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bit difficult to recruit for a first choice keeper yet as Pym hasn't actually gone....

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
So I wonder if there will be a bit of a wait for the next player to come in? It’s rare we sign one, let alone two players in May so it’s been really nice to see Taylor getting on with business.

I still think we will see another 4-5 permanent players arrive in the next month or so. Key areas being:

GK x 2
RB
LB
Striker

Then suspect we may see another striker and perhaps an attacking midfielder to come in on loan later in the window. The permanent first choice goalkeeper and striker are really key. If we get a ‘keeper who’s solid, is a good shot stopper and has a command of his area that would be great. And as for the striker I hope we get someone pacy, perhaps a bit of an unknown quantity rather than a journeyman like we did with Forte last season.

Anyone heard any inside info??
Neither Woodman or Moxey are ideal however I cannot see us signing yet another left back, we already have three when you add Hartridge in.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moxey's hopeless at left-back and Woody should probably no longer be first choice, so I'd be looking to strengthen that position. Wouldn't mind Hartridge being given a go there, though.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moxey's hopeless at left-back and Woody should probably no longer be first choice, so I'd be looking to strengthen that position. Wouldn't mind Hartridge being given a go there, though.
The point is we cannot have 4 left backs on our books, we are a league 2 club, not Chelsea.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The point is we cannot have 4 left backs on our books, we are a league 2 club, not Chelsea.
And yet we did last season when Jaden Brown was here, plus Wilson played at left back on a few occasions. It’s possible MT may loan Hartridge and I suspect Moxey will continue as a CB.

Still think we need another left back to give us increased mobility, which is something MT clearly wanted when he signed Brown.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd love a left back with pace and energy bombing forward however we have to cut our cloth accordingly, I believe Woodman was offered a new contract recently, if we wanted a new left back we should have said thanks Craig but we need to move on. Perhaps we will sign one on loan however I don't see us adding another one to our squad as a full time player.

Ash

I agree that Moxey looked hopeless at times when playing left back early last season, however he's played that position at a much higher level and don't forget, Woody had a shiite season not so long ago and most thought that was him done, yet he's come good again. No reason Moxey can't do the same.