• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You've not seen him play ;-)

In all seriousness, was highly rated when he signed - had spent the preceding season on loan at Peterborough and won awards; they were eager to keep him, but he'd worked under Jackett at Spurs academy and decided to come here. Was undisputed first choice last season and did okay but wasn't quite as convincing as people had hoped. We signed McGillivray from Shrewsbury in the summer to compete, he started the season in goal and did enough to keep the number 1 spot; as a result McGee hasn't managed a league appearance all season and his rival has been given an extended contact. He's not a bad keeper and clearly has potential, as Jackett wouldn't have gone back to Spurs for him if not. He's got a year left with us, but not sure we'd stand in his way if he wanted to go somewhere and get some games.
He 's still young. If he can settle down somewhere he might come good. We can't sign the very best, obviously. I'd take a chance.

Red Devon

He 's still young. If he can settle down somewhere he might come good. We can't sign the very best, obviously. I'd take a chance.
Sounds good but has to be a “dead cert” according to MT

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've heard we might be talking to Ebbsfleet's Sam Magri. He's a full international [Malta] and, according to my pal who's a Fleet fan, 'a good defender, can play right-back and centre-back, might need a little time to bed into League Two though'.

sign of the chimes

Initial sentence was tongue-in-cheek!

McGee has been highly rated and didn't have a bad season with us in 2017/18, but he lost his place before the season started and his replacement had a really good season.

He'll want a move if he can get first team football somewhere. I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't come good somewhere over the next year or two.

Red Devon

Scott Bennett- Just putting it out there but impressive in the playoffs

Red Devon

Initial sentence was tongue-in-cheek!

McGee has been highly rated and didn't have a bad season with us in 2017/18, but he lost his place before the season started and his replacement had a really good season.

He'll want a move if he can get first team football somewhere. I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't come good somewhere over the next year or two.
Would you rate him as a number 1 if he dropped down

sign of the chimes

Would you rate him as a number 1 if he dropped down
I don't think he'd be much of a risk. He was at a decent standard for a L1 keeper the season before the one just gone and the previous season I think was Peterborough's player of the season. He had a bit of a dip in form where I think he started over-analysing his own decision making.

He's got too much about him to be a #2 at our level. I reckon he'd be a credible first choice at more than half of the clubs in L1. I have little doubt that he's got a decent career ahead of him, just unlikely to be here unless something happens to McGillivray.

He needs to get somewhere and get some games under his belt.

Red Devon

I wonder if anything has caught Eric’s eye from the Carlise cull.
Maybe one more

grecIAN Harris

Maybe one more
Looking at their retained/out if contract list Jamie Devitt is the one that would spring to my mind but, as a midfielder, I'm not sure he would be a top priority.

Red Devon

Looking at their retained/out if contract list Jamie Devitt is the one that would spring to my mind but, as a midfielder, I'm not sure he would be a top priority.
That’s who I had in mind, 11 goals and 7 assists from midfield last season that is the way to replace Hiram.