• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
He sustained his injury whilst playing for us.
Did he though ? If the issue is his cartilage wearing away, this would have happened over a long period of time, only reaching the critical stage when with us. Perhaps we should consider whether the medical assessment before signing is thorough enough ? I would have thought that a simple x ray of his knees would have shown up the potential problem. Maybe it did and we decided to sign him regardless ?

benjisheps

Did he though ? If the issue is his cartilage wearing away, this would have happened over a long period of time, only reaching the critical stage when with us. Perhaps we should consider whether the medical assessment before signing is thorough enough ? I would have thought that a simple x ray of his knees would have shown up the potential problem. Maybe it did and we decided to sign him regardless ?
In fairness to the club an X-ray wouldn't actually show the ligament damage and erosion. You would need an MRI done to clearly show that. I doubt (but have no knowledge here) when a club at our level does a medical that they also do an MRI as they aren't cheap.

IndoMike

Colesman Ballz

Thanks for that Indo, an interesting article.

IndoMike

Thanks for that Indo, an interesting article.
It is interesting. Hope City give our potential signings the full McCoy. Good point too that some players have a minimal medical due to being signed at the last minute before a deadline.

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should we be starting to get a bit worried about the lack of transfer action? Newport's season finished three weeks after ours yet they've already signed more players, including a goalkeeper.

Last edited:

Temporarily Exiled

Should we be starting to get a bit worried about the lack of transfer action? Newport's season finished three weeks after ours yet they've already signed more players, including a goalkeeper.
Given that pre-season won't even start for a bit yet and that we know deals are in the offing, no, no need to worry. It's probably a sign that we're aiming high, and that players we want might be holding out for a League 1 club before signing on the dotted line.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well one goalkeeper is all but done so I will be surprised if we don’t have confirmation of that on Monday or Tuesday.

If we don’t sign anyone else next week it will be a tad concerning considering the squad is away in Jersey the following week, but I am hoping a couple more players will sign on next week.

hillview red

Possible signings - Elliot Frear...

Banksy

Possible signings - Elliot Frear...
What makes you think that?