• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
. Should we seek outside investment?
Of course we should. Its not just a case of handing over the club/trust ownership to someone who could put it all at risk, but there must be some deal the trust can do to share ownership with someone who can provide some investment?

This should be one of the key objectives for the club. Raising attendances will only come with greater success and to achieve that we need outside investment. The trust has granted us stability, and for that we should be very grateful, but we also need to be forward thinking and look beyond the trust and the academy for financial input.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
it's rather been a pattern with us, 1981, led to crushing debts in the mid-eighties, promotion in '89 led to near bankruptcy with silly wages being paid to blokes more interested in going to the pub than playing football.

In the end IndoMike says give Matt a chance, then says Forte won't play. Well I'm afraid Forte was one of Matt's chance and it hasn't worked out, he's been giving Bowman to replace Stockley. that'better than many managers get.

He needs to work with what he has, Forte and the young uns, in the end, we can look at loan options, but if we get anyone in I'm afraid it'll be a makeweight in the Watson/Simpson/Morrison envelope.
On the other hand we signed Stockley for 100k and sold him for 750k. We got a lot of goals from him and a big profit.

Pobbop

A couple of years later we were back in L2 with reduced attendances and a wage bill we couldn’t afford. Loans from the PFA and various others to keep us ticking over until we sold Matt Grimes to wipe out the debts.
it's rather been a pattern with us, 1981, led to crushing debts in the mid-eighties, promotion in '89 led to near bankruptcy with silly wages being paid to blokes more interested in going to the pub than playing football.

In the end IndoMike says give Matt a chance, then says Forte won't play. Well I'm afraid Forte was one of Matt's chance and it hasn't worked out, he's been giving Bowman to replace Stockley. that'better than many managers get.

He needs to work with what he has, Forte and the young uns, in the end, we can look at loan options, but if we get anyone in I'm afraid it'll be a makeweight in the Watson/Simpson/Morrison envelope.

Having said that, I've just seen the interview where he says he's chasing an high-profile striker because Forte's knee is shot, so, as per normal, I'm talking rubbish. Not keeping up as much as normal, cricket world Cup and all that.:$

IndoMike

Having said that, I've just seen the interview where he says he's chasing an high-profile striker because Forte's knee is shot, so, as per normal, I'm talking rubbish. Not keeping up as much as normal, cricket world Cup and all that.:$
You've already posted that one mate and we've already responded

Boyo

Forte is injured. I can't see how that is Matt's fault.
We knew he had dodged knees when he signed, right? I thought he looked good for us initially but it was a gamble that by all accounts isn’t going to pay off.

I think the issue we have right now is that three of our highest earners are Forte, A Martin and Moxey. None of whom are going to change many games this season.

Ash

We knew he had dodged knees when he signed, right? I thought he looked good for us initially but it was a gamble that by all accounts isn’t going to pay off.

I think the issue we have right now is that three of our highest earners are Forte, A Martin and Moxey. None of whom are going to change many games this season.
What makes you think Forte is one of our highest earners? He was released by Notts County before turning up at SJP.

Red Devon

Just a normal quiet June....players are sitting waiting for the very best offer before there contracts run out at the end of the month before making any decision.

Red Monster

What makes you think Forte is one of our highest earners? He was released by Notts County before turning up at SJP.
Just because he was released by County doesn’t mean he wasn’t a high earner, I would be very surprised if he wasn’t
One of our highest earners at the club.

manc grecian

He sustained his injury whilst playing for us.

Ash

Just because he was released by County doesn’t mean he wasn’t a high earner, I would be very surprised if he wasn’t
One of our highest earners at the club.
Ok, why? That's what I was asking and I still can't work it out. A player that was released by Notts County, that has a pretty ordinary lower league record, is the wrong side of 30 and has had injury issues. He won't be on anywhere near £2k, as was suggested earlier.