• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage vs Exeter prediction and discussion thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rankine is never going to make it at Premier League level and runs down a lot of blind alleys.

I do think there is a player in there somewhere, but will need some good coaching which is evidently not available here at this current time.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rankine is never going to make it at Premier League level and runs down a lot of blind alleys.

I do think there is a player in there somewhere, but will need some good coaching which is evidently not available here at this current time.
He has a lot of pace, no question about it, but I struggle to see much else at the moment.

He's young and will improve, he's only 21.

tonykellowfan

If he is 21 and struggling in L1 I doubt very much that he is going to ever feature in Prem and probably not in the Championship either.

Compare with Stansfield who was clearly decent in L1 last season (at 19) and is now also decent in the Championship.

Jammers20

Like many others can't see us getting much from this. At least play 2 up top and have a go.
id like to see this as a 5-3-2 Move Sweeney into the middle of the 3 to combat his lack of pace!
Sinisalo
Rankine, Diabate, Sweeney, Hartridge, Jules
Cole, Kite, Trevitt
Niskannen, Wildschut

Still think we loose 2-0

scottus86

We're going to get smashed. 5-0.

dontpassback

only consolation is fleetwood are at home to posh,who will probably have a field day,but its a sad state when you have to rely on fleetwood being poor,to keep us out of the relegation spots

ChrisWickens

only consolation is fleetwood are at home to posh,who will probably have a field day,but its a sad state when you have to rely on fleetwood being poor,to keep us out of the relegation spots
And Carlisle are at home to Northampton - i fancy them for a win so they could go above us on goal difference.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And Carlisle are at home to Northampton - i fancy them for a win so they could go above us on goal difference.
At the moment every team In the league would go above us on goal difference...and all, bar Cheltenham, would also trump us on goals scored. 😭
(Incidentally Reading v Oxford tonight)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've just seen the own goal by Barnet to Newport and wonder if Sinisalo could have a go at creating one in this game. 🙂

JGrecian23

If hes got any sense, he would keep well clear of the vitriol and bile, and frankly, ***** written on here.

Do you really think he would be playing for a middling 3rd division team if he was the finished product?

Did you think stanno was the finished product last season, fulham certainly didnt nor do they this ...
If it helps, Rankine is awful. Runs around like a labrador chasing a ball in a field. Little step over, cut back, spin round, lose the ball, give up. When he eventually gets to the byline, he scuffs it to the first defender.

Not cut out for men's football at all.