• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage vs Exeter prediction and discussion thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Law of averages tell you we will win again at some point….

an early xmas present although unlikely may happen
Law of averages says that I ought to be able to win the lottery sometime
Law of reality mean that I would at least have to find a winning ticket first

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Law of averages tell you we will win again at some point….

an early xmas present although unlikely may happen
There is no law of averages. It's a manifestation of wishful thinking, or the gambler's fallacy. If a coin falls heads 10 time in a row, the odds of a tails on the next throw is still 50:50.

But you knew that...

However there were signs on Saturday of improvement, we just need to pick our best 11, play them in a decent formation in their best positions, and not give them too many confusing coaching instructions. At least Aimson will be sitting this one out (WTF was he thinking, if anything, on Saturday???). And I agree with whoever said we should go to a straightforward 4-4-2.

Then I do believe we have a chance. If GC does more silly tinkering, then as Alistair 20000 say Norfolk Enchants.

Red Devon

We do seem to be to Stevenage what Northampton are to us….So you never know this Saturday.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Diabate will probably be needed at the back with Aimson suspended, which means James Scott is likely to start.

I couldn't give a rats @rse about Jamie Reid. He was sh!t when he was with us and we were right to let him go.

We'll defend resolutely for the first half hr but Stevenage are obviously half decent this season and they'll bag at least a couple against us.

One thing I'm really confident of is that we won't score. Wildschut will have a couple of pea rollers at the keeper after some good runs and James Scott will smash a couple of long range efforts over the bar.

Caldwell will state how we need to get on the grass and work hard to rectify our problems.

I do think the constant mentioning of Jamie Reid is a bit irrelevant to be honest. Whilst he used to play for us and we are desperately lacking a striker, he went down the leagues before making his way back up, clearly showing he wasn't good enough at the time.

Anyway, he's bound to score on Saturday but we can't be using him as stick to beat the club with.
Only seen people predict he’s going to score on a Stevenage vs Exeter discussion thread, not really beating the club with a stick, and relevant to this game. He’s Stevenages top scorer and one of the top scorers in the league and we are pants at the moment.

Last edited:

The deluder

4-0 Satanage . JR with a brace.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jamie Reid isn't a stick to beat the club with. Not exactly a desperate search for sticks at the minute. Just a bit of an irony there.

Jamie Reid isn't a stick to beat the club with. Not exactly a desperate search for sticks at the minute. Just a bit of an irony there.
IMG_7173.jpeg
Definately got enough sticks for a few games of this I reckon 😀

STURTZ

A 3:0 defeat at Stevenage was the final straw for many at the fag end of Tisdales career break.
Predict a similar outcome this weekend.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Last time I was in the country was this summer and I managed to get to the first game of the season at Wycombe!! I’m flying back home on Thursday for Christmas until Dec 28th so our form is going to turn.

At least that’s what I’m telling myself and my 8 yr old whose Christmas present is being the mascot for the Boxing Day game vs Wycombe!!

For Stevenage I think we will need to have Cheick at CB with Aimson being out and I’d recall Hartridge with Jules moving to LWB. Some may see this as a negative move but Stevenage will be very direct, high intensity and will rely heavily on set pieces so we need height in the time.

My lineup would be:
Sinisalo
Niskanen
Sweeney
Diabete
Hartridge
Jules
Carroll (or Cole)
Kite
Trevitt
Wildschut
Aitchison