• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stephen Hawking: God did not create Universe

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
It bugs me when people 'find' God just before they die, or when they need saving from something.
True, but I can understand it. When all else fails it's basically a last resort. People will do what they can.

P.S. I do believe that Jesus existed.
Not many people can dispute that. It's the virgin birth and the resurrection amongst many other things that are highly contentious.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik0yz5Jo4Os

This always makes me smile.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There is no afterlife. However, I have no proof of this.

Grecian1987

Not many people can dispute that. It's the virgin birth and the resurrection amongst many other things that are highly contentious.
True. Would Jesus be held in the same stead if he was portrayed as an ordinary bloke who did loads of good and taught important morals? I'd like to think so.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
It bugs me when people 'find' God just before they die.
Not too dissimilar, take Stephen Hawker, poet/author, and for 44 years Anglican vicar of Morwenstow. On his deathbed Hawker converted to Roman Catholicism. I wonder what his long time C of E flock thought of that.

LOG

I'm a sinner who is going to hell
I'll see you there. You can buy me a drink :p

Poultice

I think a lot of it lies in the term theoretical physicist, they build constantly bigger toys, spending mahoosive amounts of money, and what do we get, a brand new set of theories which the smart lads say prove, or disprove, the previous theories, now all they need a bigger Hadron Collider so they can create the particle that existed at the beginning of time itself.

What sort of stupid concept is that, "the beginning of time", no wonder the God Squads have come up with such a myriad of different versions of this mystical beast that started it all off.

Of course it's all b*ll*cks, the cutting edge of physics as well as all the religious nonsense, the human race is just a virus (c. Matrix), when we have killed the planet we call all die and then there will be this big ol' universe with feck all going on, anyone tells you they know the answer needs a swift slap.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Its very difficult to explain all issues that arise when talking about faith and God on these posts that pop up on exeweb.
I have for many years studied the bible and have a respect for all the teachings that can be found in it. I am a theologian because i study this but find myself drawn to the apologetics of christian doctrine.
I find that applying teachings of the bible in my life can only make me a better person (i hope)

Creationism is a very complex and divisive subject as is evolution. I find it very strange that Hawkins has moved to a theory of substance out of nothing using laws of physics. Can it not be that scientists are seeing how God made it all happen? That God is allowing us to find out how He made us all?

I'm only adding a different view to all this because I see that what Hawkin has done is show us that we can believe that something came out of nothing using the law of physics and not God. But couldnt it be God that created the laws of Physics to allow all this to happen??

It seems we will always go round in circles with creation....

Tada

Stephen Hawking

Its very difficult to explain all issues that arise when talking about faith and God on these posts that pop up on exeweb.
I have for many years studied the bible and have a respect for all the teachings that can be found in it. I am a theologian because i study this but find myself drawn to the apologetics of christian doctrine.
I find that applying teachings of the bible in my life can only make me a better person (i hope)

Creationism is a very complex and divisive subject as is evolution. I find it very strange that Hawkins has moved to a theory of substance out of nothing using laws of physics. Can it not be that scientists are seeing how God made it all happen? That God is allowing us to find out how He made us all?

I'm only adding a different view to all this because I see that what Hawkin has done is show us that we can believe that something came out of nothing using the law of physics and not God. But couldnt it be God that created the laws of Physics to allow all this to happen??

It seems we will always go round in circles with creation....

Tada
Yeah, whatever.

God

Everywhere, all at once. Pretty neat, huh?
Don't be a *****, Hawking.