• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stacey and Croll

Terryhall

my little theory is that lower league clubs should have paid contracts with prem clubs to take x amount of loanee s and if they produce nothing then their contract will be worth nothing, but turn out a prem squad player or 1 st team regular and when the contract negotation comes around ,, BINGO,, the 0000's start rolling in,, it would defo help the lower lge clubs and help the flow of money down and help the players win win
How does that work if the lower league club gets promoted and reaches the Premier League (Bournemouth, Hull, Swansea?) Or if the top flight team gets relegated and drops down to League Two (Portsmouth, Bradford, Luton?)

Who decides which teams "deserve" to force their unwanted young players on other teams, and why should lower league teams be forced to field unwanted PL youth players who may or may not be good enough to improve on the existing players in the squad?

The current loan system works as it is, the 6 month rule introduced this year is a good move in my opinion as are the restrictions on loans for a particular squad. I don't see a need to change, and if I did, this plan doesn't seem to be very well thought through.

Exe on Valdez

I don't see a need to change, and if I did, this plan doesn't seem to be very well thought through.
Exactly. Same problem as with the Whole Game Solution.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly. Same problem as with the Whole Game Solution.
it's just an idea, to bring more csh into the game at lower levels.

Well-known Exeweb poster
How does that work if the lower league club gets promoted and reaches the Premier League (Bournemouth, Hull, Swansea?) Or if the top flight team gets relegated and drops down to League Two (Portsmouth, Bradford, Luton?)

Who decides which teams "deserve" to force their unwanted young players on other teams, and why should lower league teams be forced to field unwanted PL youth players who may or may not be good enough to improve on the existing players in the squad?

The current loan system works as it is, the 6 month rule introduced this year is a good move in my opinion as are the restrictions on loans for a particular squad. I don't see a need to change, and if I did, this plan doesn't seem to be very well thought through.

how boringly typical of you , pick faults and dont look for any positives.and the current loan system gives teams like us very little.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
thank you.

at a quess if nothings sorted out , he's on his way bac to reading ?
I would guess we want to keep him as he has played regularly. If the player and reading are happy would expect it to be extended. Could be a permanent signing , I think tisdale tends to like loans with a view to the future.

Red Devon

I would guess we want to keep him as he has played regularly. If the player and reading are happy would expect it to be extended. Could be a permanent signing , I think tisdale tends to like loans with a view to the future.
That's probably the reason why we're keeping Croll....a chance to have a longer look to see if he would be worth signing permanently in the summer should Crystal Palace release him as would be likely....as for Stacey I think he's done very well since he's been with us and has been linking up with Wheeler superbly over the last couple of months down the right hand side."I really hope he stays and signs permanently in the summer.

Terryhall

how boringly typical of you , pick faults and dont look for any positives.and the current loan system gives teams like us very little.
How boringly typical of you, come up with an idea that takes less than 10 seconds to pick holes in, and then blame the one who pointed out the problems rather than use the constructive criticism to come up with a better idea.

Red Devon

Tisdale said he doesn't want to lose anybody from the squad this January at today's pre match press conference hopefully Stacey will be staying then.

andrew p long

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nothing on the Club website about Stacey.