• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stacey and Croll

Well-known Exeweb poster
croll loan extended until may with further option http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38637573

edit whoops bit late with that one

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Croll staying... Maybe we're expecting JMT to go?

Stacey... not sure either way. Looks decent... not convinced he's a right back.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm glad Croll is staying, we saw earlier in the season what happens when we get loads of injuries at the back. JMT, Sweeney, Brown and Croll are all decent CB's in my view

Steve H

As long as the wages are being covered by the parent clubs then I can't see any downside in keeping either or both of the loanees

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excellent news. Luke Croll is a class act IMO. The fact that the defence has been doing well without him is great, but we need the cover and if he went back to Palace we could end up looking for someone else as a panic measure. Very sensible to extend the loan under the circumstances.

As for Stacey, he doesn't look like a full back to me either. Maybe by the end of the season he will be. Can't fault his application. Nailed on to have his loan extended.

Well-known Exeweb poster
when does staceys loan run out ?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
when does staceys loan run out ?
23rd I believe.

STURTZ

I dare say there are plenty of players like Stacey and Croll at Premiership and Championship level clubs that will never get a chance of first team football. They will have been outstanding schoolboy players that were excited to get signed up by top clubs and then progressed to the reserve team. Their parent clubs may have spotted potential and kept them on the chance that they might make the breakthrough but not just yet, Eventually they get the chance to go out on loan and get some real action, they take their premiership skills to the more physical lower leagues but get surprised by how competitive it is and players that have been introduced to the rigours of league football at a much younger age have an advantage over them. If they persevere and get the chance to play regularly they may learn how to shine and start to regain that early promise. Otherwise it's back to the parent club and a steady decline and release to a much lower level than they could have expected as outstanding schoolboy players. Wasted talentit's the smaller clubs that should get to bring on the talented youth rather than letting them rot in premiership second teams.

Well-known Exeweb poster
23rd I believe.
thank you.

at a quess if nothings sorted out , he's on his way bac to reading ?

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dare say there are plenty of players like Stacey and Croll at Premiership and Championship level clubs that will never get a chance of first team football. They will have been outstanding schoolboy players that were excited to get signed up by top clubs and then progressed to the reserve team. Their parent clubs may have spotted potential and kept them on the chance that they might make the breakthrough but not just yet, Eventually they get the chance to go out on loan and get some real action, they take their premiership skills to the more physical lower leagues but get surprised by how competitive it is and players that have been introduced to the rigours of league football at a much younger age have an advantage over them. If they persevere and get the chance to play regularly they may learn how to shine and start to regain that early promise. Otherwise it's back to the parent club and a steady decline and release to a much lower level than they could have expected as outstanding schoolboy players. Wasted talentit's the smaller clubs that should get to bring on the talented youth rather than letting them rot in premiership second teams.
my little theory is that lower league clubs should have paid contracts with prem clubs to take x amount of loanee s and if they produce nothing then their contract will be worth nothing, but turn out a prem squad player or 1 st team regular and when the contract negotation comes around ,, BINGO,, the 0000's start rolling in,, it would defo help the lower lge clubs and help the flow of money down and help the players win win