• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, what now for Tisdale?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Tisdale were to leave I'd be having a word with Gary Waddock (Aldershot manager).
What's Waddock done in the game apart from one good season in non league football?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44288542

Take your time Paul. We're in no rush!!! Its not like you've had the best part of 18 months to consider what you'd like to do.
He’s got too much freedom and that’s the problem, he’s an employee & like any employee rules should be in place which he needs to adhere too.

This has been going on for months , why hasn’t a deadline been set , sign or go it’s pretty simple.

Nobody can question that overall he’s been a success , but there has been some absolute ****e as well so it’s not all been the bed of roses people make out it’s been

Just take the final on face value - we outplayed Lincoln and played some good football scoring 2 cracking goals with the shackles off , but against Coventry he went into his shell and picked an extra defender ahead of an striker - the momentum was lost and we didn’t even start until we was 2-0 down - that was his choice and his tactics

PeteUSA

So when do we find out what Tisdales up to then? Theres been enough talk about him and the MK Dons thing; Its even been rattled off by the various TV commentators. Is there going to be an announcement or something, or is everything being left up in the air? Surely some kind of statement is due?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’s got too much freedom and that’s the problem, he’s an employee & like any employee rules should be in place which he needs to adhere too.

This has been going on for months , why hasn’t a deadline been set , sign or go it’s pretty simple.

Nobody can question that overall he’s been a success , but there has been some absolute ****e as well so it’s not all been the bed of roses people make out it’s been

Just take the final on face value - we outplayed Lincoln and played some good football scoring 2 cracking goals with the shackles off , but against Coventry he went into his shell and picked an extra defender ahead of an striker - the momentum was lost and we didn’t even start until we was 2-0 down - that was his choice and his tactics
Hang on. He was served notice on a two year rolling contract because we couldn't ever afford to sack him and pay him off. Therefore, until the contract expires he has every right to work until the last day then leave if he wishes.

You can't have it both ways.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been 27 hours since the end of the game and some people are already getting impatient that they're waiting too long... Jesus wept. "Sign or go"... he has 6 months of his contract left, which means were entitled to compensation if he leaves... and have to pay it up if he goes. That's (net) a years salary you want the club to pay because you can't sit on your hands for a few days...

PeteUSA

Hang on. He was served notice on a two year rolling contract because we couldn't ever afford to sack him and pay him off. Therefore, until the contract expires he has every right to work until the last day then leave if he wishes. You can't have it both ways.
Quite true, but if he does that, theres the chance he'll become the most hated manager in Citys history, with very little stock value. Not only that, we'd probably get dreadful attendances, given how low they dropped last season.

oldschool

The new manager will be either Danny butterfield or Kevin Nicholson not the Torquay one the former Bangor city boss you heard it here first ��

budegrecian

If Tisdale were to leave I'd be having a word with Gary Waddock (Aldershot manager).
Interesting name that I hadn't considered, but I would have expected potential replacements to have already been sounded out, interviewed & a favourite identified should Tis leave, so that a quick appointment could be made, bearing in mind we are 3 weeks behind other clubs in sorting out a squad for next season, due to the play offs.
When my oldest son told me that Kevin Nicholson had unexpectedly left Bangor at the end of the season I started to put 2 & 2 together..... He did very well at our academy before moving on to Cardiff, so clearly undestands our committment to youth; he did well there, apparantly, before taking Bangor to the runner up spot in the Welsh League, which was considered an excellent achievement. possibly the kind of young manager, with an understanding of how our club works, we are looking for.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite true, but if he does that, theres the chance he'll become the most hated manager in Citys history, with very little stock value. Not only that, we'd probably get dreadful attendances, given how low they dropped last season.
He's already made clear he'll decide to leave or stay in the next few days... The club can't really do much but be patient. Could lash out and sack him... would be utterly juvenile and self defeating though, wouldn't it.

budegrecian

The new manager will be either Danny butterfield or Kevin Nicholson not the Torquay one the former Bangor city boss you heard it here first ��
We appear to think alike. Not that it makes either of us correct though! Although I'd have thought Jamie MacAlister more likely than Danny Butterfield.

Last edited: