• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, what now for Tisdale?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ffs we can’t be scared of change. Ok, we may appoint a complete waste of space and we could be relegated but it’s up to the club to make the right decision and as others have said there’s numerous candidates out there.

There must be dozens of non league young managers who would jump at the chance to manage a league club like ours. That’s the route I’d be keen to take. Wouldn’t want Oakley but I’d be more than pleased with Matt Taylor. Everyone has to start somewhere and he would get my vote.

If Tisdale goes it has to happen fast so we can all move on and forget the bitchiness.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'll grant you Brian McDermott..but no thanks to the rest.
John Sheridan then? :)

Exehausted

Ffs we can’t be scared of change. Ok, we may appoint a complete waste of space and we could be relegated but it’s up to the club to make the right decision and as others have said there’s numerous candidates out there.

There must be dozens of non league young managers who would jump at the chance to manage a league club like ours. That’s the route I’d be keen to take. Wouldn’t want Oakley but I’d be more than pleased with Matt Taylor. Everyone has to start somewhere and he would get my vote.

If Tisdale goes it has to happen fast so we can all move on and forget the bitchiness.
Totally agree. I think that we will be told by the weekend if he's going or staying. I only saw a brief interview with him on the late news and he said that he will take a couple of days to reflect on what happens next. Never a good idea to make such a huge decision in the heat of the moment. I'm sure that there has been many informal chats with Julian and they will both want a swift decision so we can all move on.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Forgotten to take your pills today? :)

IndoMike

Who would you want to take the reins? This is one of my major problems; I think there's serious tactical flaws in Tis' game (mainly at major occasions) but at the same time I don't have faith that available managers would perform as well as he has.

That's where the fundamental divide is - many of us don't think we can do better than Tis and there's a deafening silence on names to replace him
We have a Board of Directors and a Trust Board to interview and select the new manager, just like they did with Tis. DON'T BE AFRAID OF CHANGE - SOONER OR LATER EVERYTHING CHANGES

Terryhall

Tim Minchin has already said all of this better than we have in the last 18 pages of posts.

https://genius.com/Tim-minchin-if-i-didnt-have-you-lyrics

geoffwp

Hang on. I'm still fighting against Brexit.

Charlie

Could do a lot worse ,dire football though.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale to MK Dons is an interesting one.

On the one hand you can see the appeal, potentially a championship club, good time to take the job, i.e. they are probably as low as they will go so there is a good chance of a promotion and some glory, the owner has given a manager a lot of time in the past (Carl Robinson), they will have a good budget, they have a good stadium, location is reasonable for Tisdale to commute from near Bath.

On the other hand Tisdale will be totally out of his comfort zone, the board and fans will demand promotion and good performances at home, I doubt they will put up with the defensive, negative stuff we have witnessed at SJP for the best part of the last 5 - 6 years, he will be under pressure from day one, he won't run large parts of the club, he will simply be the manager of the football team, he won't walk into an infrastructure he is used to and has helped to create, he won't have his own players, I imagine many of their players will be contracted for next season, will many of them be his cup of tea. Very few managers have the luxury Tisdale has had for years of having only players he has signed, most managers have to make do with some players they wouldn't sign.

It's interesting that the only genuine interest in Tisdale seems to be from a league two club, perhaps his stock outside of Exeter isn't as high as some think.

If Tisdale were to leave I'd be having a word with Gary Waddock (Aldershot manager).

Last edited:

dontpassback

Gary waddock would be a good shout imo !