• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Smoking

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly. When I was pregnant, people tried to force me to quit, therefore i wouldn't. And all my life, u should quit, u should quit etc etc. But for a while I haven't had any hassle at all and something clicked. I'm doing it for my reasons, not anyone elses.

But tbh Ant, you do give Looby sh*t for smoking, so you're contradicting yourself. Leave her alone and maybe she'll do it on her own. But only if she wants to. It's totally up to her if she wants to smoke, and nothing to do with you. So let her be. I know this because the first day I met you, you got funny with her for smoking and I said something to you, I'm not sure what I said, but do you remember?

Anyway, yes, you have to do it for your own reasons. No one elses or it wont work.

woah...chill hun! ;) S'ok i have learnt to accept that Ant is a "typical" reformed smoker!! haha! :D

Daughter of I_M

woah...chill hun! ;) S'ok i have learnt to accept that Ant is a "typical" reformed smoker!! haha! :D
Sorry hun, I didn't mean to use you as an example.

loobygrecian

Sorry hun, I didn't mean to use you as an example.
No worries hun and well done so far, keep this going and you can take us all to Alton Towers!! :D

Daughter of I_M

Hmmm it seems I got a little drunk and created a thread. Whoops! God I'm hungover.

C

city girl D.O.G

Exactly. When I was pregnant, people tried to force me to quit, therefore i wouldn't. And all my life, u should quit, u should quit etc etc. But for a while I haven't had any hassle at all and something clicked. I'm doing it for my reasons, not anyone elses.

But tbh Ant, you do give Looby sh*t for smoking, so you're contradicting yourself. Leave her alone and maybe she'll do it on her own. But only if she wants to. It's totally up to her if she wants to smoke, and nothing to do with you. So let her be. I know this because the first day I met you, you got funny with her for smoking and I said something to you, I'm not sure what I said, but do you remember?

Anyway, yes, you have to do it for your own reasons. No one elses or it wont work.

thats exactly what i think i have smoked for 8 years as well and i know its bad anyone can tell me and you see it all over the place but it still wont stop me going outside for my next one
me and all other smokers will give up if and whan they want to

we are suppost to be living in a free society arn't we?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Go for it DOIM.

I gave up because it had clotted up one of my arteries and now have stent to keep it open. 13 months, 2 days, 2 hours and 50 minutes without a cigarette. Its not impossible, used both patches and inhalers. Feel so much better for having given up. Tempted on a regular basis (and particularly coming home from Tuesday's match). But the real need has gone.

robin

Exactly. When I was pregnant, people tried to force me to quit, therefore i wouldn't

ive watched half a generation of family die thru smoking related illness

and the other half struggle with their addictions and a blunt refusal to do anything about it

if i was health minister i would seriosely consider banning smokers who are unwilling to deal with their addiction

from having children, a pregnant women addicted and still using heroin = child addicted to heroin

replace heroin with nicotene u get the same innocent child addicted

full stop

Last edited by a moderator:

Oli

People who smoke when pregnant are irresponsible and don't deserve to have kids.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Today is 2 years without a cigarette. [y]

No cheating, other than patches to help kick the habit. A habit started on the way to the bus in Cowick Street after school in the Barton playing fields as a 12/13 year old. So, so stupid.

Do I miss them? Yes. The craving crops up at odd times, stressful moments particularly. Though I can watch City quite comfortably without feeling the need for a cigarette! It never even crossed my mind at Wembley for those last few minutes.

Do I feel better. Definitely yes. Just wished I hadn't put on so much weight.

Am I one of those dreadful reformed smokers? No. The no smoking ban in pubs does help me though. Partly I think because I think of myself as someone who just hasn't had a cigarette for 2 years, rather than an ex-smoker - for the time being. :)

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Well done Hants. Wife of i_m gave up ? how many years ago now and she would never go back.