• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sir Ian Blair/De Menezes

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I never answered the question.

So what exactly are you answering?
Do you mean I never ASKED the question AU?

After asking initially "how are they volunteers?" you then went on to concede that they were were, and when you niavely suggested that they should be held to account in the Law Courts wily nily, I then suggested to you why the powers that be are reluctant to do so.

angelic upstart

Do you mean I never ASKED the question AU?

After asking initially "how are they volunteers?" you then went on to concede that they were were, and when you niavely suggested that they should be held to account in the Law Courts wily nily, I then suggested to you why the powers that be are reluctant to do so.
So you were replying to your own post, well done.

Where have I conceded that they are volunteers? I believe there is a huge difference in terms of the word volunteer, the way you put it, is as if, they are doing something for free. They are not. I would suggest there are a number of occasions that the powers that be are not reluctant to do so. Although I concede, that the police, collude, hide evidence and lie in order for it to happen infrequently.

tavyred

On a mildly side note, I like it that Tavy has so little faith in the oys in blue, he thinks they would just walk out at the drop of a hat. Bearing in mind they can't strike. I find it a difficult idea to fathom.

Next he'll be saying the army will drop their arms if they have to go to war somewhere for no reason...
They would`nt need to strike AU, it`s a voluntary task.
One of your links reported the Police doing precisely this... so go fathom!

angelic upstart

They would`nt need to strike AU, it`s a voluntary task.
One of your links reported the Police doing precisely this... so go fathom!
So policing is a voluntary task?

tavyred

So policing is a voluntary task?
When they carry guns yes!

angelic upstart

I didn't specify only when they carry guns, as ever, you make presumptions. I was actually, discussing both overtime, and the carrying of firearms.

Nevermind the facts though eh?

tavyred

I didn't specify only when they carry guns, as ever, you make presumptions. I was actually, discussing both overtime, and the carrying of firearms.

Nevermind the facts though eh?
Stop wriggling AU!
Your Army and the carrying of arms comparison threw me..silly me!
Btw, overtime by it`s very nature is voluntary also, so I don`t (and neither do you I think!) know what point you`re trying to make.

angelic upstart

I'm not wriggling from anything.

Just one last question, when we, the Great British public are told that "all leave is cancelled" are the officers that would have been on holiday, volunteering that overtime, or is it compulsory? Personally, I have no idea. Seemingly you are an oracle on the inner workings of the police service (or is it force?) so I am sure you'll be able to help. Thanks in advance.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Btw, overtime by it`s very nature is voluntary also
Not really. It may be optional but if you get paid for it then it can't be voluntary:

Acting or done willingly and without constraint or expectation of reward

angelic upstart

Which also makes me believe that firearms duties for a serving policeman, is not as voluntary as Tavyred, would have us believe. There job changes, and arguably it is easier, as I have previously mentioned.