• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rugby World Cup 2019

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Banzai !

Sarfers on cruise control....

Avening Posse

Anyone else watch Australia vs Wales ?. Good game, my Mrs is Welsh is lots of smiles in this Sydney house, and good ribbing ammunition for me at work tomorrow :love:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw some of the first half. The Oz flanker should have seen red for the late tackle, can't fathom how the tmo gets these wrong. Another great game though.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter's Henry slade, Luke Cowan-Dickie and Jack Nowell on the bench for England's game against Argentina this Saturday. Coverage of the game starts at 8.10am on 103 ITV HD.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter's Henry slade, Luke Cowan-Dickie and Jack Nowell on the bench for England's game against Argentina this Saturday. Coverage of the game starts at 8.10am on 103 ITV HD.
And LCD and Jack Nowell score a try each in the game that England won 39-10. After all the injuries Jack has suffered with of late, he received a welcoming cheer from the crowd when he came on.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter's Henry slade, Luke Cowan-Dickie and Jack Nowell on the bench for England's game against Argentina this Saturday.
Take a look at these stats..

Alistair20000

Listened to Wales v Fiji on the wireless driving down to Tavistock yesterday. It sounded brutal.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like French hooker Camille Chat will have to wait a bit longer for revenge against England. Great name, BTW. Especially for a hooker.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great idea to hold the tournament in their hurricane season and then have no Plan B.

While I'm whingeing I feel the need to have a pop at sporting authorities in general about international qualification criteria for competitors. The RWC shows players of every nation representing countries other than where they were born simply because they've lived there for a certain length of time. It's ludicrous that a sportsman can play for a random country or coach or manage them. In my opinion the national team should contain only people from that country - from the team boss right down to the bus driver.

elginCity

Agree totally, Bill. Was only saying the same recently; a representative national team should be represented by nationals only, born and bred.

The Vunipola brother are proud Tongans, Tuilagi’s Samoan, Heinze the Kiwi was playing for Crusaders as recently as 2015.
I call it the Zola Budd syndrome, success at any price, it’s a farce.