• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rugby World Cup 2019

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
In my opinion the national team should contain only people from that country - from the team boss right down to the bus driver.
I'm not too fussed where the kit man/physio/bus driver come from, but I would like to see all players and the manager being born in the relevant country. And none of this 'he qualifies because of a Welsh grandmother nonsense'.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think everyone involved coming from their home country would help the patriotic feeling in the team camp and when I'm England manager that's the way it's gonna be.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not too fussed where the kit man/physio/bus driver come from, but I would like to see all players and the manager being born in the relevant country. And none of this 'he qualifies because of a Welsh grandmother nonsense'.
Agustin Pichot of Argentina the Vice Chairman of World Rugby, successfully campaigned for the three-year residency rule for eligibility to play for a country be extended to five years, Hopefully this will lead to rugby playing countries like Fiji, Samoa and Tonga fielding stronger teams as the the usual suspect will have to rely on their own homegrown talent rather than plundering theirs.

IndoMike

Deserved win for Japan v Scotland.
Creativity and devastating speed v brute force. Glad Japan won.

IndoMike

England v Aussies
Argentina v All Blacks
France v Wales
S Africa v Japan
4 continents 👍

You'd bet on England, NZ, Wales and S Africa, right?
But I'd like it to be England, Argentina, Wales and Japan

elginCity

I’ll be surprised if that wasn’t Japan’s peak, the players must be physically and emotionally drained after that epic. Fukuoka is some player.

Brighton II ? Nah, losing QF would be a great achievement though.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
England v Aussies
Argentina v All Blacks
France v Wales
S Africa v Japan
4 continents 👍

You'd bet on England, NZ, Wales and S Africa, right?
But I'd like it to be England, Argentina, Wales and Japan
I'd prefer the froggies to go through myself.

IndoMike

I'd prefer the froggies to go through myself.
France can always drag a great
performance out of nowhere and can win. But I like Wales as far as rugby and football is concerned : population-wise they're underdogs. My dad however really didn't like the Welsh rugby team for some strange reason.

IndoMike

Argies v NZ will be a rough 'un. Wouldn't like to be in the NZ scrum 🙄

Swanaldo

Deserved win for Japan v Scotland.
What a game! I honestly don't mind Scotland going out to a Japan performance like that. Absolutely electric going forward and solid in defense. Nice to see a nation falling in love with the sport too. Fair play to them.

Thoughts go out also to those affected by the typhoon and associated flooding over the weekend. Horrible business 😔