• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Roulette

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yup, pretty much, but at least I'm not deluding myself that I can win at roulette.
If I walked in and put £10 on 0 and won £360 and walked out, would I have not just won £350?

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
If I walked in and put £10 on 0 and won £360 and walked out, would I have not just won £350?
I clearly meant over the long term you utter jackass.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I clearly meant over the long term you utter jackass.
You clearly said you couldn't win. No mention of long or short term. Stop back-tracking and admit you are not only retarded but also wrong.

mfcrocker

You clearly said you couldn't win. No mention of long or short term. Stop back-tracking and admit you are not only retarded but also wrong.
Because there isn't an obvious context already in this thread [y]

Sh*t troll is sh*t.

In fact even with an infinite bankroll you can always hit an infinitely large streak of losses, and given the infinite time the chances of it happening are 100%.
The chances of that happening are not 100%. Given infinite time there is still the miniscule chance that you will hit an infinite streak of wins. Infinite time doesn't guarantee any combination of results, it just makes any particular combination extremely likely.
By your logic there is a 100% chance of an infinite losing streak but then by that same logic there is a 100% chance of an infinite winning streak, a contradiction.

mfcrocker

By your logic there is a 100% chance of an infinite losing streak but then by that same logic there is a 100% chance of an infinite winning streak, a contradiction.
That's pretty much how infinity works. Maths tends to get a little fuzzy at infinity :p

jmgull

Roulette is probably the most addictive of all forms of gambling - It's easy to get lucky but as spacko says pretty much impossible to beat long term, you play regularly for years, you're going to lose, this is from someone that won thousands but in the end lost thousands over a long period despite studying all kinds of theories and betting systems, havent played for years now.
It's the ultimate mug punters game for the main reason that you have no control of the result whatsoever - the 2nd worst mug punters game is betting on horses, although that offers a far worse % chance of winning, at least you can have inside info to give you an edge.

The only form of gambling that gives you a fair chance of a long term profit is poker, where its your skill against someone else - you cant beat the house but there's millions of bad poker poker players online that you can beat, with some experience and some theory study.

Back to roulette........couple of interesting facts; the french guy who invented the game Jacques Roulette killed himself, the game apparently drove him mad.............and if you add all the numbers together on a roulette wheel 0+1+2+3+4.....etc......up to 34+35+36.......

....you get 666 - nuff said:D

mfcrocker

the 2nd worst mug punters game is betting on horses, although that offers a far worse % chance of winning, at least you can have inside info to give you an edge.
This isn't true at all. There's a number of people who are profitable punters on the gee gees. It's all about finding out where the bookies have set the line wrong.

Also yes, poker is awesome though downswings are painful (I can't really moan, I won the Bigger $5.50 2-3 weeks ago!)

jmgull

This isn't true at all. There's a number of people who are profitable punters on the gee gees. It's all about finding out where the bookies have set the line wrong.

Also yes, poker is awesome though downswings are painful (I can't really moan, I won the Bigger $5.50 2-3 weeks ago!)
You're right bfs......of course - i was really talking more about your average punter, who has zilch chance long term.

I've been beaten up badly on PS playing cash games 6h at $1/2 blinds (too many mad russians;))- so I'm sticking to tourneys, where there really is a good chance of winning big from small stakes if you apply the principles of successful tournament poker.
I started online a couple of years ago and have won the 70kgtd $11 rebuy twice and cashed for over a grand 10 times now.

Love your exeweb home game idea - would be up for it mate if you can find a few others up for a social game.

I'm jocktheknife on ps btw...

mfcrocker

You're right bfs......of course - i was really talking more about your average punter, who has zilch chance long term.

I've been beaten up badly on PS playing cash games 6h at $1/2 blinds (too many mad russians;))- so I'm sticking to tourneys, where there really is a good chance of winning big from small stakes if you apply the principles of successful tournament poker.
I started online a couple of years ago and have won the 70kgtd $11 rebuy twice and cashed for over a grand 10 times now.

Love your exeweb home game idea - would be up for it mate if you can find a few others up for a social game.

I'm jocktheknife on ps btw...
The main thing really is the bankroll management aspect. If you get that down you can largely nullify the luck :)

Also wow, didn't realise the 11r was worth so much! Dwarfs my $5k score from last month!! (mattcrocker on PS)