• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rotherham (in Sheffield) weekender

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Going up for work, unfortunately. Hendersons is a nice spicey, vinegary diversion :D
Think I'll keep to the beer!

finetime

We have one of those too :D

http://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk/

Great ales!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sheffield is great and never had any bother when I lived there. The Leadmill is awesome for those who like live bands and is followed by an indie disco til 3.

As this is the last game of the season (automatic promotion ;)) will we be doing it in fancy dress? As it is an athletics stadium I reckon 118 118 runners would be a good theme.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm told there is a Premier Inn right by the stadium - already booked in!!! [y]

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd rather stay further intowards the town centre. Don't fancy a long walk after midnight....

loobygrecian

Hi guys, just been on the trainline website and there single tickets available from St Davids to Sheffield (and back) for £22 each journey, which isnt bad considering. The price then jumps to £97 for a single! I know its a few weeks away yet, but maybe worth booking them asap to get a cheap deal if you want to go by choo choo. I am on the 08:23 from St Davids. :D

Grecian2K

Thanks for the tip Looby, but (as far as I can see) the only "availables" for that day NOW are Waterloo or Paddington :(

Grecian Army ALREADY taking over South Yorkshire? [y]

(But looks like a lonnnnnng drive, & a Prem Inn "sleepover", still beckons for poor old G2k :( )

loobygrecian

Thanks for the tip Looby, but (as far as I can see) the only "availables" for that day NOW are Waterloo or Paddington :(

Grecian Army ALREADY taking over South Yorkshire? [y]

(But looks like a lonnnnnng drive, & a Prem Inn "sleepover", still beckons for poor old G2k :( )
I am a little confused..... (doesnt take much i know!)

Have just been on the trainline website and found the following prices from St Davids to Sheffield:

06:00, 07:49 and 08:23 - £22 single tickets available and going back:

Sheffield to St Davids:

17:54 and 18:23 - £22 single tickets available

also 17:54 (different train, you have to change) and the 18:54* - £28 single tickets available.

*journey takes 6 and half hours!

Grecian2K

I am a little confused..... (doesnt take much i know!)
And I must have been having an extremely "Senior Moment" earlier - (doesn't take much, I know - just (TOO MANY :( ) years of dedicated practice).

Because, thanks to your kind reply, for some unfathomable electronical reason, worked this time [y]. So 08.23 booked for me too! - and 18.23 back as well (just in time for a "celebratory (?) pint or few back in good ol' Isca).

Even managed to get a table seat (with power socket) I hope, so I can happily ExeWeb my way all the way to deepest, darkest Yarkshire and back [y]

So forget "RaWZtours" eh - "Looby'sExcursions" Rule ok!

Seriously though, thanks for your patience with this Ancient old Greek. First drink is on me! ;)

loobygrecian

And I must have been having an extremely "Senior Moment" earlier - (doesn't take much, I know - just (TOO MANY :( ) years of dedicated practice).

Because, thanks to your kind reply, for some unfathomable electronical reason, worked this time [y]. So 08.23 booked for me too! - and 18.23 back as well (just in time for a "celebratory (?) pint or few back in good ol' Isca).

Even managed to get a table seat (with power socket) I hope, so I can happily ExeWeb my way all the way to deepest, darkest Yarkshire and back [y]

So forget "RaWZtours" eh - "Looby'sExcursions" Rule ok!

Seriously though, thanks for your patience with this Ancient old Greek. First drink is on me! ;)

No worries G2K, my Cuz booked his tickets up and back last week and they were £35 each way, so when i saw them at £22, i thought "Bargin" and booked straightaway! I think my cuz is coming back on the 18:23 too, i am staying in the delightful City of Sheffield.