• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rotherham (in Sheffield) weekender

finetime

I've been in London since October but before then lived in Sheffield for 7 years and know the area, pubs etc.

I'm definitely going to this (and dragging a few non-grecians along too :D) I might be able to either organise something at a pub if there are definites or suggest some good places for a meetup depending on what people are looking for.

Really excited about this game!

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Hoping to get up to this match, although the chance of me doing a weekender are slim to anorexic. At best.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, The Don Valley Stadium is a strange place to watch football. Its similar to Brightons current ground. Athletics stadiums were definitely not built to host footy matches.
Went watching Rugby League there, some years ago, with St Helens, it wasn't a good place for that either. The travelling away support for Saints, is somewhat similar to Grecians, with noise and normally the amount that go, but found it difficult to build up an amosphere.
Hopefully, the travelling Grecians can do the boys proud as per.

finetime

Bring your binoculars!

BOS

I've been in London since October but before then lived in Sheffield for 7 years
Finetime,

Have you found a London stockist for Henderson's yet? Or am I going to have to wait until my next trip back to S. Yorks?

BOS (London since Jan, previous 6 yrs in Sheffield)

Last edited:

finetime

^I *think* Fortnum & Mason sell it but the mark-up will be crazy. If not you can order online here (http://www.hendersonsrelish.com/onlineform.htm) but you'll need to buy a litre minimum!!

I'm heading back up this weekend so plan on stocking up :D

finetime

Sheffield has a great nightlife, cut can be dangerous.
I was there for 7 years and didn't get into any trouble whatsoever. It's got rough areas like everywhere but compared to Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham etc it's incredibly safe and the local folk are, on the whole, a lot more accommodating to outsiders :D

Definitely a great place to finish off the season!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
^I *think* Fortnum & Mason sell it but the mark-up will be crazy. If not you can order online here (http://www.hendersonsrelish.com/onlineform.htm) but you'll need to buy a litre minimum!!

I'm heading back up this weekend so plan on stocking up :D
Strange way to party! :D

BOS

You wouldn't understand - it's a Sheffield thing!:)

BOS - going straight off to F&M, and wondering if they also do those Hendo-flavoured Yorkshire Crisps...:p

finetime

Going up for work, unfortunately. Hendersons is a nice spicey, vinegary diversion :D