• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reuben Reid is a Grecian

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disagree... we've had a good spell, then a dodgy spell... think we'll see more of both before the season's up. Expecting a play-off finish. Race for the top 3 is still a possibility though.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We're in dire need of a bit of guile up top. Someone like Cureton would be perfect. Not seen loft play, but he's 6'3 and has been described as a big dunc type player. Being big doesn't stop you running fast, but I don't think speed is our main weakness... if he's that big and as technical and clever as Cureton, he's Not coming to us, is he? No problem with loft coming if it's as back up to and in addition to the right type of striker. Targetmanwise, we've already got one of the best in the league... Probably the role we least need to strengthen.
I honestly didn't get your point there. You say we need guile but if Loft has guile in addition to height then he wouldn't come to us. Then you say it's ok for us to sign Lofty. Is it your post or the three glasses of Albarino wine which is making my head spin?

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have a decent sized squad compared to other L2 clubs but we don't have much in the way of cover in the event of an injury to Stockley. If he trials well Loft could provide that cover short term.

On the other hand at 6'3" perhaps with a bit of cross training our coaches could turn him into a makeshift CB. A sort of Loft conversion job.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I honestly didn't get your point there. You say we need guile but if Loft has guile in addition to height then he wouldn't come to us. Then you say it's ok for us to sign Lofty. Is it your post or the three glasses of Albarino wine which is making my head spin?
I'm saying that our primary need is someone with some guile... a Cureton-like player. That's what we need. Loft doesn't seem to solve that problem. So, if Loft is coming in to solve that problem, then I'm not too enthused. If he's coming in as cheap back up to Stockley, but we're also getting someone like Cureton, then happy days.

IndoMike

I'm saying that our primary need is someone with some guile... a Cureton-like player. That's what we need. Loft doesn't seem to solve that problem. So, if Loft is coming in to solve that problem, then I'm not too enthused. If he's coming in as cheap back up to Stockley, but we're also getting someone like Cureton, then happy days.
Ok. Thanks. I feel the same.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow thanks for that assessment so our season is over on January 12th ,may as well not bother going tomorrow.

Saying that I bet you said that last season .
I didn't say anything about the season being over, I said my honest thought was that we are most likely to finish mid-table based on our current form. We have one point from the last 18 away. Pretending that's not the case won't advance anything. And I'd rather have points than games in hand any day.

This time last season we were still 10th though in the middle of an amazing run having been in the relegation places in October, so I suspect I probably did think the run wouldn't continue as long as it did and mid-table would be good; as I'm sure most City fans did.

But as we saw last time anything can happen. I'll be 'appy as Larry (as the saying goes) if we can recover our early season form; honestly don't see it happening at the moment; but I'd be VERY happy to be wrong.

Win tomorrow and we will be better placed, lose and we will probably be mid-table, that's how brutal football is.

IndoMike

I didn't say anything about the season being over, I said my honest thought was that we are most likely to finish mid-table based on our current form. We have one point from the last 18 away. Pretending that's not the case won't advance anything. And I'd rather have points than games in hand any day.

This time last season we were still 10th though in the middle of an amazing run having been in the relegation places in October, so I suspect I probably did think the run wouldn't continue as long as it did and mid-table would be good; as I'm sure most City fans did.

But as we saw last time anything can happen. I'll be 'appy as Larry (as the saying goes) if we can recover our early season form; honestly don't see it happening at the moment; but I'd be VERY happy to be wrong.

Win tomorrow and we will be better placed, lose and we will probably be mid-table, that's how brutal football is.
I concur with your views as expressed above. The hope is of course at least we reach playoffs, but I think that will be very difficult unless Tisdale brings in a game changer in January. Last season Stacy, Wheeler and Watkins + Reid all stood up and were counted on our amazing run, but we don't have adequate replacements for them at the mo. Don't blame City for selling the family silver but we need to buy proven quality for one or two positions. I speculate that the FGR striker will come in once Reid has bedded in.

The deluder

How are we going to afford to sign Christain Doidge when he is interesting Championship clubs?

Red Monster

I concur with your views as expressed above. The hope is of course at least we reach playoffs, but I think that will be very difficult unless Tisdale brings in a game changer in January. Last season Stacy, Wheeler and Watkins + Reid all stood up and were counted on our amazing run, but we don't have adequate replacements for them at the mo. Don't blame City for selling the family silver but we need to buy proven quality for one or two positions. I speculate that the FGR striker will come in once Reid has bedded in.
Christian Doidge your having a laugh ��,we can’t have it both ways expect big money for our players and get other sides
Players for peanuts,Mark Cooper would expect 400k minimum for him .

Red Monster

Christian Doidge your having a laugh ��,we can’t have it both ways expect big money for our players and get other sides
Players for peanuts,Mark Cooper would expect 400k minimum for him .
Seems I’ve undervalued him Cardiff might be thinking of a 1 mill offer.