• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reuben Reid is a Grecian

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems I’ve undervalued him Cardiff might be thinking of a 1 mill offer.
Good player, but not sure he'll make it at that level... we'll see. Looks like they've got their replacement in early anyway.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
How are we going to afford to sign Christain Doidge when he is interesting Championship clubs?
We're not is the simple answer.

IndoMike

How are we going to afford to sign Christain Doidge when he is interesting Championship clubs?
I'm deluded.

Banksy

Wish you were right Mike , got my hopes up there for a minute!:D

IndoMike

Wish you were right Mike , got my hopes up there for a minute!:D
Don't lose hope : who knows it it might happen.

Gordon Dale

I liked Reid's approach and spirit as soon as he joined the club ...when we were languishing at the foot of the table. Nothing exemplified his evident determination than that unbelievable late turnaround at Mansfield . I have little doubt that Reuben Reid's goals will keep Forest Green in the EFL. It's no coincidence , in my view that our mediocre form since the Coventry away match coincided with Reid falling out of favour with PT. You could say the club has acquired a fee for an unsettled player . Will PT have the bottle to fully utilise Sparks as a replacement?....l doubt it. Expect more pain on the terraces with PT rolling out the likes of Simpson and Brunt. Anyone for a mid table finish?

What has disappointed me of late has been the lack of team spirit ...although I exclude JMT from that comment as he always gives 100% . Maybe I shouldn't be surprised as I find it difficult to accept that any team would be motivated by a manager whose recent comments clearly demonstrate that he's running down his contract. In such circumstances ...should we expect the sale of more of the club's key players ? Probably. Could well be JMT? Then the defence will be in trouble?

Well-known Exeweb poster
agree with most gordon, however sparks as a replacement for reid?, just cant see that, sparkes is 100 % a winger, and if jmt were to go ,given a little time and patience i'm thinking that seaborne will step up, but hey football and opinions,,,

Gordon Dale

Thanks 007. It wasn't a post I wanted to make . I agree Sparks is a winger which is why I feel he could be an ideal partner for Stockley not just to supply but to give him more room. Sparks is 'a natural' and opposing managers will recognise that.

On a general note....why PT doesn't play two recognised wingers to feed Stockley beggars belief. PT rarely started , if ever, with Holmes and Edwards . Even when we had Craig Noone at the club PT demonstrated a reluctance to use width. Going straight down the middle is meat and drink to the night club bouncer type central defenders of league 2 and only results in the opposition being gifted opportunities to put the ECFC defence under pressure.

As Cloughie put it ..'Football is a simple game. Keep the ball on the deck and use the width of the pitch' . Combine that with Alan Ball's stated philosophy , ' Pack the team with ball-winners' .....and you've got a recipe for success. Ain't too difficult ..is it?