• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reuben Reid is a Grecian

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Why can’t a 6’ 3” striker be quick? If everyone pacy needs to be a short arse then someone should tell Usain Bolt.
Nobody has - he could be quick , but given he's been described as a modern Duncan ferguson when you read about his career so far......it's unlikely.

2 target men rarely works - you won't think of many target men strike forces....

Avening Posse

Surely a 6ft 3 striker isn't what we need?

We need pace and movement a Cureton type striker....

Loft and Stockley up top? Could well work, but Tisdale didn't fancy Reid and Stockley together so don't see the logic (surprise)
Not sure he didn't fancy Reid and Stockley together, he certainly tried, I think its probably more that Reid or Stockley didn't fancy it, and the way it has panned out, if we do get another big guy, I am praying it was Reid who didn't :)

IndoMike

It's not impossible that a 6ft 3in striker could be quick. But, on the other hand, I'm struggling to think of many. Harry Kane (6ft)7

Antony Moxey

Nobody has - he could be quick , but given he's been described as a modern Duncan ferguson when you read about his career so far......it's unlikely.

2 target men rarely works - you won't think of many target men strike forces....
Well you did in a way: we don’t need a 6’3” striker, we need someone quick. Tall doesn’t necessarily mean target man, and just because someone is described as something - through a career that’s barely taken off yet - it doesn’t mean they have to stay in that mould for the rest of their life.

Beyond Stockley and McAlinden we’re short on strikers so signing one is no bad thing IMO.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well you did in a way: we don’t need a 6’3” striker, we need someone quick. Tall doesn’t necessarily mean target man, and just because someone is described as something - through a career that’s barely taken off yet - it doesn’t mean they have to stay in that mould for the rest of their life.

Beyond Stockley and McAlinden we’re short on strikers so signing one is no bad thing IMO.
And there is always the chance that Stockley could get injured/suspended leaving us in the deep **** so signing another target man is a good idea, particularly with Brunt and Simpson having been out for so long. We'll sign a more nippy striker as well. I'm expecting 2 strikers.

Bittners a Legend

I hardly think one brief loan spell at Stevenage is enough evidence to write Ryan Loft as a player. Who has actually seen this lad play live to form any sort of opinion on him? I'm not even sure outright pace is what we need given the way Tisdale plays - we're hardly a fast-paced counter attacking team. The key will be whether or not he is particularly mobile. Reid often didn't get close enough to Stockley and was very static when the ball went long to JS. We just need a forward with intelligent enough movement to play off Stockley. It is also entirely possible Tisdale views Loft as back up to Stockley and has no intention of playing them together. Not sure that Brunt or Simpson could be considered reliable back-ups injury-wise.

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're in dire need of a bit of guile up top. Someone like Cureton would be perfect. Not seen loft play, but he's 6'3 and has been described as a big dunc type player. Being big doesn't stop you running fast, but I don't think speed is our main weakness... if he's that big and as technical and clever as Cureton, he's Not coming to us, is he? No problem with loft coming if it's as back up to and in addition to the right type of striker. Targetmanwise, we've already got one of the best in the league... Probably the role we least need to strengthen.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It seems to me that our early season results have been shown to be based largely on luck and a mean defence. Now, without Troy Brown and JMT in the defence and with our pedestrian midfield we are probably going to continue to ship goals at 2 a game and finish up mid-table.

Last season we had Wheeler and Watkins. This season we don't.

IndoMike

It seems to me that our early season results have been shown to be based largely on luck and a mean defence. Now, without Troy Brown and JMT in the defence and with our pedestrian midfield we are probably going to continue to ship goals at 2 a game and finish up mid-table.

Agree with your comments.

Red Monster

Wow thanks for that assessment so our season is over on January 12th ,may as well not bother going tomorrow.

Saying that I bet you said that last season .