• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reuben Reid is a Grecian

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
:)

Am pleased we have signed a goal scorer. Think as an ex argyle player he will need to hit the ground running, but doesn't bother me if he plays well. I assume the club has used some of the contingency funds to make these signings. Now we just need to get points on the board.

I hope we see on Saturday , two up front , and a side set up to attack and battle. Hopefully the signing will boost the crowd even if Reid starts on the bench and we can kick start our home campaign in front of as many city fans as possible. Don't want to see some of our windfall squandered away to cover lower crowds.

Looking forwards to Saturday, and keeping my fingers crossed that that is justified come 3pm.
Really hope we have signed the same Reuben Reid that used to regularly walk though our defence and not another Sean Mcarthy.

Red Bill

******* ****! ******* ****** **** **** **** ****** ******* **** **** innit!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brilliant , something to cheer at last. (y)

Jam Doughnut

not sure which reuben reid we are going to be getting
either the guy who scored 40 goals in 2 seasons OR more likely a player who got injured last season and came back looking half the player he was and even newport turned him down a few weeks ago saying "we need a player who can come straight into the team" !! - doesn't sound great . there must be a reason why no other club has signed him since may 30th

dontpassback

Well i never,perhaps tisdale has recognised that we need a striker who can score,so hopefully mr reid can produce the goods,may work may not but at least we have taken a punt which is something you cant say very often!

Well-known Exeweb poster
not sure which reuben reid we are going to be getting
either the guy who scored 40 goals in 2 seasons OR more likely a player who got injured last season and came back looking half the player he was and even newport turned him down a few weeks ago saying "we need a player who can come straight into the team" !! - doesn't sound great . there must be a reason why no other club has signed him since may 30th
yep thats a fair point, what with the injury, no pre season and no game time since ??????, it would be foolish for anyone to expect him to waltz straight back to the form he had ???? ago.

Avening Posse

Can I just say for the record, if he turns out to be absolutely f____n gash, pretty much everybody has said they think this is a decent move by the club, so please spare me (and Exeweb) loads of "Tis has signed another t__t" if he isn't Messi after all......personally think he will do rather well for us though :)

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well i never,perhaps tisdale has recognised that we need a striker who can score,so hopefully mr reid can produce the goods,may work may not but at least we have taken a punt which is something you cant say very often!
really dont mate,,,,i'de say if anything it could be very strongly argued we're guilty of taking a few to many 'punts', but hey nothing ventured,,,,

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can I just say for the record, if he turns out to be absolutely f____n gash, pretty much everybody has said they think this is a decent move by the club, so please spare me (and Exeweb) loads of "Tis has signed another t__t" if he isn't Messi after all......personally think he will do rather well for us though :)
i think realistically avening, we have got to cut the guy some slack,, and give him some time to get up to speed,, xmas time sounds about right ,, ish

PeteUSA

i think realistically avening, we have got to cut the guy some slack,, and give him some time to get up to speed,, xmas time sounds about right ,, ish
Christmas! We could be adrift miles away from the others by then!