• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Redundancy @ ECFC

Ex-ciderrr

Sorry, but who's Sheryl?
Receptionist I believe

TotnesGrecian

While Ant makes very valid points there is an uncomfortable undercurrent about redundancies and the culture around the club while a manager has been allowed to fail for years on end earning a highly inflated salary and continue to insist it is the fault of everybody but himself. I want the Club to be business like, and this may be a sensible business decision for all I know about it, but I certainly don't want it to push out or bully the little people while continuing to let Tisdale and Perryman take the mick.
That was what i was getting at, Thanks

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the club were to fall into administration again and it turned out we were paying the gardner/groundsman who we didn't need people would be saying how terribly the club had been run, and why hadnt Taggy spotted this and made the neccessary redundancies.

Its a fact of life in all forms of business. Redundancies and recruitment. Its certainly not disgusting as described by a couple of posters.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Last edited:

philexe

That tells you the square root of FA! It's the big underperforming earner that need the big boot, Taggy and Stale

Awful statement from Tagg. I've been a Grecian for 30+ years and never felt less interested or less passionate about the club. Big Dave is one of the nicest guys you could meet, was my football coach many years ago a genuine decent man. Have no issues with a person being made redundant but we all know the reason the club is cutting costs is the fact the magnificent trio of Tagg/Tis/Perryman are bleeding club dry and taking us down.

I have been once this season and that was to take my friend's son for his birthday (0-0 classic!), will not be attending again this season and in all honesty I can't see me going again. I could list around 5-10 friends who feel the same and have all been lifelong fans.

I wish the club well but from a normal everyday supporters view it appears the Trust is pointless/powerless and has completely failed the fans. Chocolate Tea Pot.

ChrisWickens

That tells you the square root of FA! It's the big underperforming earner that need the big boot, Taggy and Stale
Correct - too much self-interest i am afraid.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Receptionist I believe
Ah thanks. Always found her helpful.

tonykellowfan

Awful statement from Tagg. I've been a Grecian for 30+ years and never felt less interested or less passionate about the club. Big Dave is one of the nicest guys you could meet, was my football coach many years ago a genuine decent man. Have no issues with a person being made redundant but we all know the reason the club is cutting costs is the fact the magnificent trio of Tagg/Tis/Perryman are bleeding club dry and taking us down.

I have been once this season and that was to take my friend's son for his birthday (0-0 classic!), will not be attending again this season and in all honesty I can't see me going again. I could list around 5-10 friends who feel the same and have all been lifelong fans.

I wish the club well but from a normal everyday supporters view it appears the Trust is pointless/powerless and has completely failed the fans. Chocolate Tea Pot.
Well said. I tend to agree that too many people are losing interest and the Trust HAS failed.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wonder if the outside professional help identified any other areas where savings could be made. Or did they get Stevie Wonder to do this as well as identify transfers.