• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Redundancy @ ECFC

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
How would you go about making the manager redundant? Does the position no longer exist at the club?
Manager redundant. Employ new Head Coach.

Antony Moxey

Manager redundant. Employ new Head Coach.
Do you think the club believes we don't need a manager?

iscalad

Do you think the club believes we don't need a manager?
No, it's how business's work. If they need to get rid of someone. Make the job redundant, then employ someone to do the same job BUT with a different job title.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
No, it's how business's work. If they need to get rid of someone. Make the job redundant, then employ someone to do the same job BUT with a different job title.
Exactly what's just happened where I work

The manager left and the role has been now advertised as "supervisor"

iscalad

Exactly what's just happened where I work

The manager left and the role has been now advertised as "supervisor"
Yep, I've worked with firms who exactly that. Been the victim as well.

Antony Moxey

The point being do you think that that's what the club thinks? I'd say it's an emphatic no so there's zero chance of Tisdale being made redundant and replaced by a head coach. However, is it possible that the club think they've got too many groundsmen - yes, it's possible, hence them allegedly making one redundant.

Not seeing any irony in that nor anything particularly strange in that either.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I wonder if the groundsman went due to the playing surface being the reason why we've won no home league games

We've heard every other excuse

rp42

Perhaps the Club have taken what the fan's have said literally and are going to put Stale on actual Gardening leave..so they had to find a post for him somewhere(rofl)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have to agree with ant. No disgrace. If we do not require the post then the club should act. All redundancies are sad and I hope he finds alternative employment soon.

This is not linked to the position of the manager and its sad to throw that in the mixer regardless of your feelings about tisdale.

Ex-ciderrr

I have to agree with ant. No disgrace. If we do not require the post then the club should act. All redundancies are sad and I hope he finds alternative employment soon.

This is not linked to the position of the manager and its sad to throw that in the mixer regardless of your feelings about tisdale.
Nail on the head, good post.