• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Redundancy @ ECFC

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is not linked to the position of the manager and its sad to throw that in the mixer regardless of your feelings about tisdale.
I would respectfully disagree. If Tisdale plans on continuing on his salary thats been widely accepted as acurate, and then there's Tagg and Perryman to take care of, somethings got to give in other areas. They dont want to be faced with any form of pay-cut so it could be that redundancies wherever possible might be carried out. It wouldnt surprise me at all.

Colesman Ballz

I have to agree with ant. No disgrace. If we do not require the post then the club should act. All redundancies are sad and I hope he finds alternative employment soon.

This is not linked to the position of the manager and its sad to throw that in the mixer regardless of your feelings about tisdale.
This could well be linked to the position of manager, given the loss of revenue from home matches due to the woeful run of results. The numbers of free tickets being given out, may mask the situation to a degree, but certainly can't make up for all of the financial losses.

It will remain to be seen whether there are any further cutbacks in personnel. I rather suspect that the number of season tickets sold is down to around half of the maximum numbers achieved since 2003. The crunch will come in the summer as the season ticket sales sees the club through the off season, so unless there is a significant "windfall" payment from transfer fees in the meantime, I for one wouldn't bet against further cash flow problems happening again then.

jack101

All redundancies are sad, however I think the bigger picture is even worse. IMO this is the first sign of serious financial problems. I find it hard to believe that it's only related to workload, it takes a lot of work to maintain 6 pitches plus numerous other training areas.

It's also been mentioned on the FB page that there were a couple of other redundancies however this hasn't been confirmed.

I can almost guarantee match day income is down dramatically and with the addition of Ruben Reids reported wages it really wouldn't surprise me if more cut's were on the way.

Hopefully I'm wrong

uncle buck

Sheryl has been made redundant too

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
then there's Tagg and Perryman to take care of, somethings got to give in other areas. They dont want to be faced with any form of pay-cut so it could be that redundancies wherever possible might be carried out. It wouldnt surprise me at all.
Everyone should pay heed to Hans Christian Andersen here.

Hans, I'd like change as much as the next guy, but really, stop making things up that you cannot possibly know as fcat.

iscalad

Sheryl has been made redundant too
Sorry, but who's Sheryl?

Alistair20000

It is always the foot soldiers rather than their useless officers who are sacrificed.

paperclip

How would you go about making the manager redundant? Does the position no longer exist at the club?
I didn't say anything about making the manager redundant. Redundancy is not the only way an employer can rid themselves of an employee.

Spoonz Red E

yes this is correct. his last day was the 12th Oct.

Bittners a Legend

While Ant makes very valid points there is an uncomfortable undercurrent about redundancies and the culture around the club while a manager has been allowed to fail for years on end earning a highly inflated salary and continue to insist it is the fault of everybody but himself. I want the Club to be business like, and this may be a sensible business decision for all I know about it, but I certainly don't want it to push out or bully the little people while continuing to let Tisdale and Perryman take the mick.