• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Posties standing up against Free Sun Newspaper Deliveries

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Plenty of sun but no newspaper here yet.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
How long do people have to continue being outraged at the Sun. They printed a load of lies that were fed to them by the police. They have apologised several times over. I don't see Liverpool fans boycotting Sky or having a go at past and present players who have had columns in the news of the world or books serialized in the Sun. If you don't want to read the paper (I don't) then fine but the outrage and attempting to make people feel some form of guilt is a load of ********.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
How long do people have to continue being outraged at the Sun. They printed a load of lies that were fed to them by the police. They have apologised several times over. I don't see Liverpool fans boycotting Sky or having a go at past and present players who have had columns in the news of the world or books serialized in the Sun. If you don't want to read the paper (I don't) then fine but the outrage and attempting to make people feel some form of guilt is a load of ********.
You'd be surprised how many liverpool fans don't have sky. And if you read the liverpool forums they are far from impressed that ex players have been involved with the scum or the news of the world.

Why are they still outraged? Because those lies have caused some small minded people to still think it was the truth. They haven't apologised several times. They apologised once, 24 years after it was publicised.

If someone makes up BS about me and it has happened, unless they apologise immediately, I don't ever forgive or forget.

manc grecian

I understand Liverpool's attitude to the Sun but why must the rest of the country tread on eggshells and join in their campaigns. Why should people have to apologise for having their picture taken with a newspaper? Fair enough for people involved but I wish they'd stop telling people how to behave.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
No one is asking others to join in or what to do. Posties who were effected or know those who were are standing by them. there was a letter in the local rag from someone who does buy it. They said they weren't bothered if it wasn't delivered and fully understamd why some posties were completely against it. As for the pic of milliband, it's been completely blown out of the water. Leigh MP Andy Burnham who was a major part in getting the agreement of a new trial said as much. As I said liverpool fans are more annoyed when an ex player goes and works for the scum. Having done the anfield tour a few times. The tragedy is something they are told about. Player's and ex player's attend the memorial srvice every year. I understand these ex player's want to earn a crust but if their agent has any IQ, then when the scum offer them money, go to another tabloid to see if they would be interested.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

You'd be surprised how many liverpool fans don't have sky. And if you read the liverpool forums they are far from impressed that ex players have been involved with the scum or the news of the world.

Why are they still outraged? Because those lies have caused some small minded people to still think it was the truth. They haven't apologised several times. They apologised once, 24 years after it was publicised.

If someone makes up BS about me and it has happened, unless they apologise immediately, I don't ever forgive or forget.
Why would they apologise immediately, it's only come out in the last couple of weeks.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would they apologise immediately, it's only come out in the last couple of weeks.
No. They knew for years as early as 1990 it was lies. But they chose to ignore it.

Antony I've read an awful lot about hillsborough, biaised amd non biaised. So I do actually know what I'm talking about.

Antony Moxey

Try reading what I've written, I said you knew nothing about my feelings towards the Hillsborough victims, not the even itself. As for whether they knew, the enquiry's only just published its findings.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Did the same and enclosed a cracked paving slab.
I was going to send some cat $h!t too, but thought better of it, I didn't want to scoop ;) to their level!!

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I would be more interested if the likes of TNT mail or UK mail won this deal..!!

I think that is what will destroy RM in the end.. Companies cherry picking the deals and not providing enough postmen to do the work that they win..

I lived and worked in Skem. It is a overspill from Kirkby..

Every shop there sold the sun