• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Posties standing up against Free Sun Newspaper Deliveries

Mid Devon Clown

Also to dismiss the myth at debt is main stay of any fight by this current government(Aimed at the Tories mostly).
I find your drivel hard to read at the best of times, but this is just gibberish.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find your drivel hard to read at the best of times, but this is just gibberish.
But the Tory argument is largely a myth. The main reason the debt has spiraled since they came to power is because they chocked off the growth we had when they came to power and prevented it for 3 years. Then when the natural cycle of growth began to come back 3 years after the chocked off a recovery they then portrayed themselves as heroes whilst those at the bottom and in the middle where left much worse off and in lots of cases needing food banks to merely have some grub.

National debt is a subjective issue anyway because it will always go up to a degree but its about what you are funding with it that is all important. After the 2nd world war we borrowed and used that to create the NHS, The Welfare state and build social housing for example to which where built at a quicker rate than we are building houses now despite having a lot less resources to build with than we currently have.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
What's any of this got to do with postmen thinking above their pay grade?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't start this thread for it to turn into a political debate. It's about a trashy newspaper with no morals.

Incidentally, some of these posties were at hillsborough and have never forgiven the scum for the lies they printed.

Also, the sister of one of the 96, Kevin Sefton, lives in skem along with other people who lost friends or family at hillsborough. They don't want it either.

If they wanted to give free copies out, then just have em in the newsagents for people to decide if they want it or not.

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't start this thread for it to turn into a political debate. It's about a trashy newspaper with no morals.

Incidentally, some of these posties were at hillsborough and have never forgiven the scum for the lies they printed.

Also, the sister of one of the 96, Kevin Sefton, lives in skem along with other people who lost friends or family at hillsborough. They don't want it either.

If they wanted to give free copies out, then just have em in the newsagents for people to decide if they want it or not.
I would agree with that last sentiment. Do not shove it down the throats of people who where deeply offended by the lies printed by the Sun.

The Sun should just leave those effected alone.

Last edited:

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
If I get this rag through my door, it's going back to them, via free post, complete with some cat $h!t for good measure!! ;)

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
If I get this rag through my door, it's going back to them, via free post, complete with some cat $h!t for good measure!! ;)
Pretty much what a lot are saying.

Incidentally, although it was first thought Warrington postcodes would be exempt. St Helens posties are now making a stand against delivering that trash. I have my poster ready on my front door, just in case. If it still gets delivered it will be returned with no stamp.

Silver fox

Got mine this morning, not a bad read :p

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Posties deliver all sorts, including party political junk mail from all parties. It's not for them to decide what they do and don't deliver - or are they now the guardians of free speech? They should do what they're paid to do, which is deliver the mail.
Exactly right.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly right.
Not when some of these posties were at hillsborough and effected by the lies that rag published.

Not everything is black and white.

Fortunately none were delivered in st helens as well, thanks to the royal mail standing by the posties decision.