• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Player of the Season 21/22

Bridgy 81

I think we’ve had some great performers this season and as others have said there are several strong candidates for Player of the Season.
But on the basis, in my view, successful teams are built from the back my vote would be for Cameron Dawson.
He’s been durable (I can’t recall him missing a league match), reliable, consistently good and has pulled off some brilliant saves.
In fact so many and so often that you come to expect them as being the norm.
Our defence generally has been superb and the foundation of our season and I think Cameron not only takes care of his own performance but gives confidence to and improves those in front of him.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone from dawson, brown, dieng and sweeney would be worthy winners. A very difficult choice but I've gone with dieng. Had Stubbs been fit all season he'd be up there too.

Grecian_Matt

1. Dieng
2. Dawson
3. Sweeney

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be happy if it was one of Dieng, Dawson and Brown in any order.

Sweeney unlucky not to be in there as he's been very consistent. Nombe I'm sure would have been in there if he was available more as would Stubbs.

For me it's Sweeney. He's come from exiting the club last summer, to now leading the club towards promotion (yeah, I know he's not the captain, but he is a leader).

He's playing with and displaying a character with more maturity than I thought was possible.

To me, he encapsulates the change in ECFC seen this season.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
For me it's Sweeney. He's come from exiting the club last summer, to now leading the club towards promotion (yeah, I know he's not the captain, but he is a leader).

He's playing with and displaying a character with more maturity than I thought was possible.

To me, he encapsulates the change in ECFC seen this season.
Sweeney is vice captain, I believe, and has captained the team at times this season.

tonykellowfan

Of those mentioned, Brown has had a good season and Nombe and Stubbs would definitely be up there with a full season.

Sweeney is an important part of a successful team, but he hasn't been outstanding for me.

Dawson, I can see why people rate him but I would never choose a loan player. I also think he has been well protected.

CWH-NYC_

This is one of the hardest decisions I can remember. Sparkes, Nombe and Diabate have all been outstanding at times but probably haven't contributed quite enough to be in contention for player of the season. Meanwhile Caprice, Hartridge, Key and Collins have had all very good seasons without quite being stand-out players. Dieng was the popular choice for the best player for the first half of the season and has continued to chip in with a few goals, even if injuries have meant he hasn't been quite such a dominant player. The introduction of Stubbs and Diabate to the first team was the catalyst for our improved form in the second half of the season and Stubbs just gets better and better but I'm still reluctant to give player of the season to someone who didn't play until after Christmas. That leaves three players; Dawson, Sweeney and Brown, who have all been incredibly influential this season and I honestly can't pick between them.
That sums it up for me - I will go for Brown based on the sublime quality of some of the goals.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of those mentioned, Brown has had a good season and Nombe and Stubbs would definitely be up there with a full season.

Sweeney is an important part of a successful team, but he hasn't been outstanding for me.

Dawson, I can see why people rate him but I would never choose a loan player. I also think he has been well protected.
You didn't vote for George Foster then?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tough one this year could have been anyone of 4 or 5 players but have gone Dieng for his all round play and of course his goals and the fact we dont half miss him when he's out so in order

1, Dieng
2. Brown
3. Sweeney

Closely followed by Cam and Stubbs