• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale has hit back at fans' criticism

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
All as well informed as you are, no doubt!!
still why not just make it up, like you usually do?
Ok PC, point to a post where I have ever made anything up........

A377 Lad

I have to say that I find myself in a strange position this morning. Jay was getting up my nose when he first arrived here and started t*ssing history and previous achievements to the winds. However, I have to say that I empathise with his feelings here, having also not renewed my Trust subs.

The way that the club communicates with the fans is frankly diabolical, whether it be for pitch-in, CEO appointment or transfers. Much of the information is not in any way confidential, commercially or otherwise as it is clearly known to a select few posters on here.

There can be no reason why more detail of the Harley transfer should not have been made clear. It was posted on the official site as a transfer for "no fee" and that he was being loaned back. Loans normally involve the borrowing club paying at least a portion of the wages. There has been no official indication that this is not the case with Harley. Some have tapped their noses with inside knowledge that the wages are in fact being paid by Swansea - but are they? I've not seen or heard any confirmation that this is the case. It would not have been difficult to have stated that only one club had offered direct payment whilst confirming that Swansea deal had other specific benefits (and I don't count his availability since that would have been the case if he had signed a pre-contract agreement).

Overall, I tend to agree with Jay that the "we own our football club" is a load of nonsense. Meanwhile, I shall continue to attend SJP to watch and support the team - but I have no illusions that I am part of it.
My feelings exactly.

eurogrecian

I think we should just trust Tisdale and the club and get on with it.
Well said. They've not done too badly over the last 4-5 years!
Next game Swindon. Come on City!

Lister

Did brighton not offer in the region of 300 k
Rather than people try to prove they didn't offer that much, how about you provide some credible to link to point to the fact that they did?

When Tis was told on Saturday that the fans were upset that we'd turned down 400k he looked absolutely incredulous and asked where on earth a ridiculous figure like that came from. He didn't reveal the true figure, other than suggest 400k was way way off the mark.

Also, he didn't know about the "criticism" when he was asked about the deal, so how he is hitting back is beyond me. In fact, the 400k figure was put to him by Kirky after he'd done the radio devon stuff...

Cravat 2

By and large I agree with that, although I haven't cancelled my trust membership, I do pay the minimum amount. I could afford to pay more, and would have no problem in doing so if I saw something in return for it. The way the Club, and BOS communicates does not encourage me to increase this in any way, and the "animal farm" feeling of the BOS, and the way the club seems to be run, makes me reluctant to put any more of my money in at all.
League One football is quite good...

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

League One football is quite good...
Did you not go on Saturday?

Cravat 2

I didn't, as it goes because I was in London, but I did go and watch Exeter v Droylsdon a few years back and I know in which league I'd rather we were.

ecfc01

Jay League one can be good footy, Have you not seen Southamton play?

However we won and we only had Scotty and Noble turn up, I thought we didnt want the ball attall and this will cost us

Grecian_Jay

I didn't, as it goes because I was in London, but I did go and watch Exeter v Droylsdon a few years back and I know in which league I'd rather we were.
i preferred the Droylesden game. We played a lot better that night.

ecfc01

i preferred the Droylesden game. We played a lot better that night.
and we never faced relegation! I enjoyed being the big fish in the small pond