• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale has hit back at fans' criticism

older-codger

I have to say that I find myself in a strange position this morning. Jay was getting up my nose when he first arrived here and started t*ssing history and previous achievements to the winds. However, I have to say that I empathise with his feelings here, having also not renewed my Trust subs.

The way that the club communicates with the fans is frankly diabolical, whether it be for pitch-in, CEO appointment or transfers. Much of the information is not in any way confidential, commercially or otherwise as it is clearly known to a select few posters on here.

There can be no reason why more detail of the Harley transfer should not have been made clear. It was posted on the official site as a transfer for "no fee" and that he was being loaned back. Loans normally involve the borrowing club paying at least a portion of the wages. There has been no official indication that this is not the case with Harley. Some have tapped their noses with inside knowledge that the wages are in fact being paid by Swansea - but are they? I've not seen or heard any confirmation that this is the case. It would not have been difficult to have stated that only one club had offered direct payment whilst confirming that Swansea deal had other specific benefits (and I don't count his availability since that would have been the case if he had signed a pre-contract agreement).

Overall, I tend to agree with Jay that the "we own our football club" is a load of nonsense. Meanwhile, I shall continue to attend SJP to watch and support the team - but I have no illusions that I am part of it.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have to say that I find myself in a strange position this morning. Jay was getting up my nose when he first arrived here and started t*ssing history and previous achievements to the winds. However, I have to say that I empathise with his feelings here, having also not renewed my Trust subs.

The way that the club communicates with the fans is frankly diabolical, whether it be for pitch-in, CEO appointment or transfers. Much of the information is not in any way confidential, commercially or otherwise as it is clearly known to a select few posters on here.

There can be no reason why more detail of the Harley transfer should not have been made clear. It was posted on the official site as a transfer for "no fee" and that he was being loaned back. Loans normally involve the borrowing club paying at least a portion of the wages. There has been no official indication that this is not the case with Harley. Some have tapped their noses with inside knowledge that the wages are in fact being paid by Swansea - but are they? I've not seen or heard any confirmation that this is the case. It would not have been difficult to have stated that only one club had offered direct payment whilst confirming that Swansea deal had other specific benefits (and I don't count his availability since that would have been the case if he had signed a pre-contract agreement).

Overall, I tend to agree with Jay that the "we own our football club" is a load of nonsense. Meanwhile, I shall continue to attend SJP to watch and support the team - but I have no illusions that I am part of it.
Needless to say i agree with all this. Not so sure about the bit about me 't*ssing history to the winds'. I was merely stating that we shouldn't just be so complacent to think nothing is going wrong just because of a good few years.

Alistair20000

I hope the last few day's posts might signal a welcome return to reading your views on these threads O-C as they are always measured and well thought out. [y]

ecfc01

Needless to say i agree with all this. Not so sure about the bit about me 't*ssing history to the winds'. I was merely stating that we shouldn't just be so complacent to think nothing is going wrong just because of a good few years.
Jay your 100 percent right, 3 years of working hard can come down in a month or two, We need to keep fighting for everything, 300k for Harley would of been better for the finances, I would like to know if we are paying his wages

Bittners a Legend

Not so sure about the bit about me 't*ssing history to the winds'.
I think that was in reference to your suggestion that we need to "sort the club out" by selling it...and then also excusing Exeweb of supporting Russell and Lewis. It certainly gives that impression.

Anyway, as I said in my previous post...and as I've said before...communication is an issue...the guys that run the club have done little to impress me...is that because they are not shouting their achivements from the rooftops? Is it far too simplistic to expect tangable achievements? Who knows. But the answer is not to start publicising transfer deals in public because that quite simply is not how you do business and will not impress the other 91 football league clubs + Prem clubs we may wish to do business with in the future.

Grecian_Jay

Jay your 100 percent right, 3 years of working hard can come down in a month or two, We need to keep fighting for everything, 300k for Harley would of been better for the finances, I would like to know if we are paying his wages
Indeed it would be good to know.

By the way your avatar is f*cking hideous.

Alistair20000

I would like to know if we are paying his wages
Why don't we ask Bill/Adam ?

Last edited:

Bittners a Legend

It is extremely unlikely that £300k, or anything near it, was on the table so it is utterly irrelevent whether it would have been better for the finances.

If, and in my opinion it is a big if, Harley continues to play as he did in the first half of the season then his presence will be significant. We will finish higher up the table for starters. We have a much greater chance of getting to Wembley. This will increase our income and give us the sort of exposure that often helps to bring new fans in, or old fans back. A trip to Wembley is not guaranteed with Harley, but it is more likely, and the rewards for that are far greater than a tiny transfer fee. And yet again we cannot emphasise enough that you cannot force a player to leave.

ecfc01

It is extremely unlikely that £300k, or anything near it, was on the table so it is utterly irrelevent whether it would have been better for the finances.

If, and in my opinion it is a big if, Harley continues to play as he did in the first half of the season then his presence will be significant. We will finish higher up the table for starters. We have a much greater chance of getting to Wembley. This will increase our income and give us the sort of exposure that often helps to bring new fans in, or old fans back. A trip to Wembley is not guaranteed with Harley, but it is more likely, and the rewards for that are far greater than a tiny transfer fee. And yet again we cannot emphasise enough that you cannot force a player to leave.
Did brighton not offer in the region of 300 k

LammieLammieLammie

It was posted on the official site as a transfer for "no fee" and that he was being loaned back. Loans normally involve the borrowing club paying at least a portion of the wages. There has been no official indication that this is not the case with Harley. Some have tapped their noses with inside knowledge that the wages are in fact being paid by Swansea - but are they? I've not seen or heard any confirmation that this is the case. It would not have been difficult to have stated that only one club had offered direct payment whilst confirming that Swansea deal had other specific benefits (and I don't count his availability since that would have been the case if he had signed a pre-contract agreement).
Now that's interesting, as I;m sure I read on the OS that Swans were paying his wages, but having gone back to it to copy and paste here, it doesn't appear to be there. :S

Last edited: