• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford United (H) - Season Finale Build Up

TOP_CITY_FAN

So, final day of the season, Oxford are the visitors at SJP.

A full house, 9 matches unbeaten, full of confidence.. can only mean one thing?

1-0 away win incoming.

Can see a rotated squad being used again, with GC wanting to see more players for next season.

Boyo

Oxford have everything to play for. A better outcome at SJP for them than either Lincoln or Barnsley, will secure them a playoff berth. Difficult to see beyond an away win I'm afraid, but I'm not sure anyone at SJP will really care too much, in what I hope will be a bit of a celebratory finale to the season.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure anyone at SJP will really care too much
A look at the scenes from Northampton suggests we still do!
Be good to sign off with a win, and we really don't want to be losing Oxford as they are one of the closer teams to us.
Alli and Aimson to score in a 2 nil win.

Avening Posse

City win, Harris to score UTC

Exehausted

I'm expecting a really tough, open game. Oxford have to try and win it and we have the ability to hit them on the break. Millie has been improving with every game and is now becoming a real handful. Next season I can see him becoming a real star. Hopefully Reece's back will be okay for him to start as we will need him with Ryan missing. Whatever team Gary plays, I feel we have enough confidence surging through the squad to give Oxford a really hard time and we should get at least a draw. I'm obviously hoping for a win to end a superb second half of the season and send us all off with a warm fuzzy feeling for a happy summer. I'm going for a 2-1 win with goals from Milli and Luke.

OmanGrecian

"Paint the Park Red", is the call from the club.

Banksy

Oxford have everything to play for. A better outcome at SJP for them than either Lincoln or Barnsley, will secure them a playoff berth. Difficult to see beyond an away win I'm afraid, but I'm not sure anyone at SJP will really care too much, in what I hope will be a bit of a celebratory finale to the season.
Maybe then we’ll play with freedom and surprise ‘em eh? After all , they’ve got more riding on this one than us which may make them nervy.

Am I right in saying that only Derby have done the double over us this season? Oxford have the chance of also doing this. Northampton, Vale and Orient all failed to do this recently.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sky will have live coverage of one league One game and as ours is the only one with anything counting on the result would think that they may well choose us.

denzel

Sky will have live coverage of one league One game and as ours is the only one with anything counting on the result would think that they may well choose us.
Already announced Derby v Carlisle