• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our crowd is sh*t

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can blame who/what we like, but the real reason we lost today was that two, yes TWO of our players were wearing GREEN boots.

What the f*ck were they thinking?

Thought the Bank was actually decent at the start of the game tonight, even after we went a goal down the crowd rallied and were pretty vocal.

After 2-0, the noise died complteley, understandable given the fact that we were watching utter dross on the pitch. We had one shot on goal and that was in the 95th minute. The crowd saw nothing to spark them off and it was purely down to the utterly inept performance of the team.

The OP is bitching at the wrong people completely.

journeyman

There were links Rich but its so late and I'm too knackered to dredge them all out. I agree about like you say it tripping us up BUT when we drew Yeovil and then Hereford, a lot of people including players and maybe even Tis speculated maybe tongue-in-cheek that they now wanted to win it for Adam as fate was conspiring. Its not the losing that therefore that pisses me off, we lost fair enough. But if players were disillusioned with tactics, wanted to watch Corrie or whatever and weren't up for a monday night game, I had hoped that more players would have shared Logie's attitude and dug in for Stanno if nothing else. Sharon has stated that he was gutted that they didn't do it for Adam, so at least one player had him in mind and gave 100%

Its also I suspect a big reason why Tisdale has been so angry in his interview. This is all speculation though, and probably not in good taste, but I guess I just wanted better effort, given the drive to do it for Adam
Fair enough I suppose, all a bit speculative I suppose as it's all too close to the game and we'll never know whether the players were up for it or not. It was a horrible performance, I guess what I'm saying is we shouldn't overreact and pin our shortcomings down to the fact we didn't want it enough for Stanno. There's a myriad of reasons behind a performance like that. Still, I'd rather not get into the morals of discussing it, we'll just have to move on to Saturday, see you there!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
You keep telling us that Tis knows best etc etc, why don't you trust him with Noble et al ?
I don't keep on about it. We can't have arley and Noble in the same team. Journeyman, with the first two draws it turned into a cup for Stanno, then playing Argyle our rivals, Stanno was a Devon lad Exeters biggest rivals, then Bristol Rovers the first game we had after he passed. It seemed fate was playing a hand.

Is it the fact that we're now in League 1 so a lot of players take it for granted that they have the right to wear our colours.

ecfcnath

people react to the football, if the players arnt up for it you motivate yourself to chant to get them going but there reaches a point where you are simply so p~~sed off and frustrated ! its been like that for the 25years ive been going and it will always be. If you see the team putting in the effort and your loosing you give it everything - last night that team gave nothing. Even Tis admits it !

Shut up woman.

CITY CASUAL

I thought the big bank got behind the team before we went 2-0 down.With all the flags & stanno flag it look good.Just a shame our team did not!! :(

Wellyred

Here we go again.

Same old boring bullsh*t.

The crowd don't play the game, City were sh*t - end of.
My god i cant believe im agreeing with YOU...but your right.
The minuite the team plays badly...and no excuses..last night they were all sh*te...whats the first thing certain people blame it on....the good old BB.

Same old same old|-)

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is it the fact that we're now in League 1 so a lot of players take it for granted that they have the right to wear our colours.
Oh FFS!
The average Pro-footballler does`nt give a stuff about "colours", why are you embarrassing yourself by trying to pin juvenile and ludicrous emotions and motivations on footballers who like us are just trying to eek out a living as best they can?
Good Pro`s like Jamie Cureton and et al don`t give a stuff about our "colours", playing for the shirt is fans bullsh*t!
At City we have two types of player, those playing for a move to a bigger club and those attempting to gain an extended contract with us, all we can ask from them is they put a shift in and take in on the chin when fans dish out some stick.

FAN-TATIC

The crowd was sh*t tonight. No encouragement end of. After Saturday's result getting to wembley may have been in a compensation but no, I've seen more enthusiasm in a morgue.
And I've seen more life in a morgue than in the City players last night. The fans were OK despite being let down by a team that were sh*t! And they know it!