• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our crowd is sh*t

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
How can you say that?? At least he would have wanted it like Logie. Too many primadonnas in our team. Noble is a waste of space and can do one
He would have wanted it, I don't doubt that. But he would have been done like a kipper like vs Swindon.

DJH2005

I bet there's a few good stories we haven't heard - its tails ;)
Haha. Top man! Bloody knew it weren't right too! ;)

And yes, I bet there is. Feel free to PM me some of them. :D

DJH2005

Very harsh blaming Noble and giving him the grief IMO. Not one of them covered themselves in glory tonight, including Logie.

Logie is a big softy*, that's why he's having a whine, because he wanted this for Stanno. Trouble is, none of them did him proud tonight. They can still make up for this though, over the rest of the season.

*Just one of the reasons he's liked at City, it's not a criticism.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
The BB was fine for the start of the game, pretty good atmosphere even though there seemed to be a lot of newcomers to the area we usually stand.

Problem was, City drained not only the life and soul out of the fans, but actually insulted them, and Stanno, by going into a game that meant so much with an attitude that screamed "I couldn't give a flying a sh*t as I want to play for Reading/Wolves/Doncaster/Ipswich/etc"

Well go then!!, in the summer, and in the meantime, put in a shift or f*ck off and make way for someone who IS prepared to

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very harsh blaming Noble
Not really, he gave the ball away tonight as if there was a bonus for it.

journeyman

Can we please stop going on about Stanno? This game's not about him, nor does our performance/result indicate what he means to us as a club?

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we please stop going on about Stanno? This game's not about him, nor does our performance/result indicate what he means to us as a club?
Its a bit hard to avoid mate, when everyone within the club has stated that this competition they wanted to win for him - and then they go and play like that. I agree with the last bit to an extent, if we'd lost OK, but to perform like that in a game that to many (including some of the players) meant more than just football was inexcusable. I expected 100% effort at least as the game meant so much in a personal sense

journeyman

Its a bit hard to avoid mate, when everyone within the club has stated that this competition they wanted to win for him - and then they go and play like that. I agree with the last bit to an extent, if we'd lost OK, but to perform like that in a game that to many (including some of the players) meant more than just football was inexcusable. I expected 100% effort at least as the game meant so much in a personal sense
I don't really remember anyone at the club stating that the JPT was specifically for Stanno...otherwise by doing that we're just waiting for it to blow up in our face. We've talked, as a club, about playing for Adam's memory. Nobody's come out and said that THIS cup run is for Stanno in the build up to this game, other than the supporters perhaps, and only then because we drew Yeovil and Hereford in the first rounds.

To therefore call tonight's defeat a disgrace to his memory or whatever is not only widely beside the mark but also an insult to what we've done in this competition. If exiting at the semi final stage with such a performance is a disgrace, then is not exiting it in the first round even worse?

Tonight wasn't about anyone, it was about Exeter City FC reaching a small domestic cup final. If we had succeeded, we might have dedicated it to Adam. But let's not trip ourselves up by giving a rallying call to win it for the memory of Stanno. There are plenty of suitable ways we can remember him as a club (many ways, in fact, that do not involve the possibility of our fans being able to question the integrity of the club).

Last edited:

DJH2005

Not really, he gave the ball away tonight as if there was a bonus for it.
Yes, but so did Sercs, Jones, Nards, Troy, Hamer, Dunne, Harley, Duffy... You get the point mate.

Last edited:

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't really remember anyone at the club stating that the JPT was specifically for Stanno...otherwise by doing that we're just waiting for it to blow up in our face. We've talked, as a club, about playing for Adam's memory. Nobody's come out and said that THIS cup run is for Stanno in the build up to this game, other than the supporters perhaps, and only then because we drew Yeovil and Hereford in the first rounds.

To therefore call tonight's defeat a disgrace to his memory or whatever is not only widely beside the mark but also an insult to what we've done in this competition. If exiting at the semi final stage with such a performance is a disgrace, then is not exiting it in the first round even worse?

Tonight wasn't about anyone, it was about Exeter City FC reaching a small domestic cup final. If we had succeeded, we might have dedicated it to Adam. But let's not trip ourselves up by giving a rallying call to win it for the memory of Stanno. There are plenty of suitable ways we can remember him as a club (many ways, in fact, that do not involve the possibility of our fans being able to question the integrity of the club).
There were links Rich but its so late and I'm too knackered to dredge them all out. I agree about like you say it tripping us up BUT when we drew Yeovil and then Hereford, a lot of people including players and maybe even Tis speculated maybe tongue-in-cheek that they now wanted to win it for Adam as fate was conspiring. Its not the losing that therefore that pisses me off, we lost fair enough. But if players were disillusioned with tactics, wanted to watch Corrie or whatever and weren't up for a monday night game, I had hoped that more players would have shared Logie's attitude and dug in for Stanno if nothing else. Sharon has stated that he was gutted that they didn't do it for Adam, so at least one player had him in mind and gave 100%

Its also I suspect a big reason why Tisdale has been so angry in his interview. This is all speculation though, and probably not in good taste, but I guess I just wanted better effort, given the drive to do it for Adam