• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not LLB, but my opinion is that after 3 games in quick succession he might just be rested a bit for this one.

Long Lost Bee

Do you think that significant, LLB?
Yep, he’s been off form for quite a while now and doesn’t deserve to start. We’ve had a poster on our site say allegedly he’s off to Spurs as you have a poster on here who’s said much the same. May be a load of BS maybe his head has been turned, who knows. But if he goes for £20 M we’ll be happy and I guess you guys will be as well.

Bee gone

The way he’s performing he’s either thinks he’s got a concrete move away or he’s peaked and now going backwards came on as sub and looked like he’d been playing for 3 hours.Hes been poor most of the time this season.

IndoMike

Yep, he’s been off form for quite a while now and doesn’t deserve to start. We’ve had a poster on our site say allegedly he’s off to Spurs as you have a poster on here who’s said much the same. May be a load of BS maybe his head has been turned, who knows. But if he goes for £20 M we’ll be happy and I guess you guys will be as well.
Judging by Brentford's results since Smith left, falling from edge of playoffs to edge of relegation, the performance of the whole team has deteriorated.

Bee gone

Judging by Brentford's results since Smith left, falling from edge of playoffs to edge of relegation, the performance of the whole team has deteriorated.
We were on a 5 game winless run when he left.We are unbeaten in 4 now partly that we have some players back from injury during this period oil has still been one of our worse performers.

denzel

The way he’s performing he’s either thinks he’s got a concrete move away or he’s peaked and now going backwards came on as sub and looked like he’d been playing for 3 hours.Hes been poor most of the time this season.
He's still scored 7 goals and I've seen a few assists too. You lot seem as fickle as some of our fans are.

Long Lost Bee

To be honest you need to know the full facts on our slump which started long before Smith left. We had 7 first team players out injured, including Ollie. Our director of football who was only 28 died of heart issues who was very close to the lads, most of whom are very young. It affected everyone at the club including the players. Smith left, which was inevitable having applied for two championship jobs in three months. Thomas Frank took over and it’s taken him a while to change the system we play, it’s now working. Ollie has still not reached the heights he was at pre October. It’s the view of many fans that if we get an offer of ## millions we should take it. He started as sub today came on and to be truthful didn’t do a lot to be honest. He may play through this slump, or he may not. Time will tell.

Long Lost Bee

He's still scored 7 goals and I've seen a few assists too. You lot seem as fickle as some of our fans are.

He’s not being fickle. He’s telling it as it is, his goals and assists ( or most ) came pre November foot issues. Since he’s been back playing this year he’s nowhere near the player he was.

IndoMike

To be honest you need to know the full facts on our slump which started long before Smith left. We had 7 first team players out injured, including Ollie. Our director of football who was only 28 died of heart issues who was very close to the lads, most of whom are very young. It affected everyone at the club including the players. Smith left, which was inevitable having applied for two championship jobs in three months. Thomas Frank took over and it’s taken him a while to change the system we play, it’s now working. Ollie has still not reached the heights he was at pre October. It’s the view of many fans that if we get an offer of ## millions we should take it. He started as sub today came on and to be truthful didn’t do a lot to be honest. He may play through this slump, or he may not. Time will tell.
You'd think that if Ollie knew big clubs were paying a lot of interest in him then he'd do his best to perform. If his form has slumped it could be for any of a number of reasons : not fully recovered from injury; not adapted to new coach's ways; not adapted to new coach's system; missing old coach; distracted by the interest shown by big clubs ++++. His previous managers have always said he had an excellent attitude and was not any kind if prima donna. As I said before, there is no doubt that Brentford slumped - for whatever the reason- so I don't think it's illogical to assume Ollie's play was affected.

Long Lost Bee

You'd think that if Ollie knew big clubs were paying a lot of interest in him then he'd do his best to perform. If his form has slumped it could be for any of a number of reasons : not fully recovered from injury; not adapted to new coach's ways; not adapted to new coach's system; missing old coach; distracted by the interest shown by big clubs ++++. His previous managers have always said he had an excellent attitude and was not any kind if prima donna. As I said before, there is no doubt that Brentford slumped - for whatever the reason- so I don't think it's illogical to assume Ollie's play was affected.
I totally agree with some of what you say. He’s being asked to play the same role as he did when he first came here. Smith felt he could be moulded into a striker. That’s been tried a few times and failed each time. He’s far better running at players, but it’s not coming off now. He’s also playing against ex Premiership players a lot of times and some of these teams are very hard to break down. That may have something to do with it. Personally I feel he’s not fully over his toe injury. But whatever just hoping to see him back as the player he was.