• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official exeter city v barnet matchday thread

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I tried to post this after the game but had trouble logging in, here is my vlog on the game. all the best for the rest of the season. Hope you go up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTYDiS581I8
Quite enjoyed that Loudmouth. One thing though, if you didn't like Nugent why didn't you get down off the fence and say so ??

Loudmouth_BFC

Quite enjoyed that Loudmouth. One thing though, if you didn't like Nugent why didn't you get down off the fence and say so ??

HAHA I know I was holding back just a little, Thanks for watching glad you liked it.

Andy Holloway

HAHA I know I was holding back just a little, Thanks for watching glad you liked it.
Good video, but one small point! It's St JAMES Park and not St JAMES' Park as in Newcastle Utd, there is no apostrophe in our St JAMES.

Good luck at home to Wycombe today.

Red Bill

Good to watch that Loudmouth. I couldn't go on Friday, so from comments on this thread I had the impression that Barnet had played us off the park for 83 minutes.

Good ol' footie fans, what a moaning, miserable, myopic bunch of ****s we are!!!,

Benguin

Good to watch that Loudmouth. I couldn't go on Friday, so from comments on this thread I had the impression that Barnet had played us off the park for 83 minutes.

Good ol' footie fans, what a moaning, miserable, myopic bunch of ****s we are!!!,
They were not a bad team especially when they brought on Cambell Rice. We sat back though and allowed them to attack us and hold on to the ball, which probably made them look better than they actually are.
Still it worked out for the best.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Made I larf!

IndoMike

One thing most fans have in common: they don't like their manager "fackin aran" with team selection.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing most fans have in common: they don't like their manager "fackin aran" with team selection.
This is true. Provided the team being picked is one they approve of...

HOWEVER, I always defend Tis (as much as I can) in his seemingly strange team selections and definitely (IMHO) over-cautious approach, though I sometimes bite my tongue in doing so. He knows much better than any of us which players are carrying knocks, who is looking fit, etc etc., and is a manager of proven track record. We all comment as committed fans, not as professional football coaches.

My enduring concern is a different one: that his contractual position and status with the Club means he is not under much pressure. Yes other teams' managers are under far too much pressures and have too little job security. But Tis is right at the other end of the spectrum, and I do fear this is not in the best long term interests of ECFC.

malcolms

This is true. Provided the team being picked is one they approve of...

HOWEVER, I always defend Tis (as much as I can) in his seemingly strange team selections and definitely (IMHO) over-cautious approach, though I sometimes bite my tongue in doing so. He knows much better than any of us which players are carrying knocks, who is looking fit, etc etc., and is a manager of proven track record. We all comment as committed fans, not as professional football coaches.

My enduring concern is a different one: that his contractual position and status with the Club means he is not under much pressure. Yes other teams' managers are under far too much pressures and have too little job security. But Tis is right at the other end of the spectrum, and I do fear this is not in the best long term interests of ECFC.
The two things are inextricably linked...he ****s around with selections, for his own amusement sometimes, because he can and he knows there won't be any consequences...

Antony Moxey

The two things are inextricably linked...he ****s around with selections, for his own amusement sometimes, because he can and he knows there won't be any consequences...
Do you genuinely believe that, or do you think he '****s around with selections' because he believes that that team gives us the best chance of winning not only that game but upcoming games?