• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official exeter city v barnet matchday thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I overheard a conversation between Tagg and Tisdale in the car park before the Cambridge game. Tagg told Tis to switch the team around so that we couldn't win. He told Tis to put Lee Holmes in goal instead of Pym, but Tis refused. It got quite heated and Tagg said the club couldn't afford to make the play offs or to get promotion. He said he wanted the club to finish mid table, but on no account to tell the fans.
So it looks like you're quite right with your theory, Pete. Hats off.
Are you the chauffeur, Flakey?.. ;)

Antony Moxey

In truth, I dont think Tisdale has a clue about team selection or tactics. I wouldnt rule out that he buggers around with our starting line-ups because he feels we're comfortable in our natural position in League 2, and the likelyhood of promotion is zero.
He may well not have a clue about tactics or selections, but to suggest he genuinely isn't trying to win games or promotion is utterly ridiculous. Anyone who thinks this to be the case is an idiot.

IndoMike

Anyone ever thought that Tizzy gets overconfident when things go well (e.g long unbeaten run) and then starts to believe he can walk on water : that whatever he does will work out well?
Pa Maybe I'm an idiot.

Last edited:

flakey pasty

Are you the chauffeur, Flakey?.. ;)
No, it's Pete who's firmly in the driver's seat with his ingenious theory that Tis is deliberately throwing matches, Mike.

ECFC Music

I overheard a conversation between Tagg and Tisdale in the car park before the Cambridge game. Tagg told Tis to switch the team around so that we couldn't win. He told Tis to put Lee Holmes in goal instead of Pym, but Tis refused. It got quite heated and Tagg said the club couldn't afford to make the play offs or to get promotion. He said he wanted the club to finish mid table, but on no account to tell the fans.
So it looks like you're quite right with your theory, Pete. Hats off.
Which is tantamount to throwing matches ! Your argument is as flakey as your moniker. Oh well i suppose it's just another contribution to the great pile of rubbish posted by certain people on this site.

IndoMike

Actually, it's probably harder to plan to throw a match than it is to plan to win it. I think Tizzy accidentally throws some matches a la "The world according to Tizzy".

flakey pasty

Which is tantamount to throwing matches ! Your argument is as flakey as your moniker. Oh well i suppose it's just another contribution to the great pile of rubbish posted by certain people on this site.
Oh dear. I've been rumbled.

malcolms

Actually, it's probably harder to plan to throw a match than it is to plan to win it. I think Tizzy accidentally throws some matches a la "The world according to Tizzy".
As I said in an earlier post, the lack of any consequence in terms of his job security leads him to try ever more outlandish permutations. If he felt that his livelihood depended on getting results in the shorter term then his approach would be much more pragmatic...

IndoMike

As I said in an earlier post, the lack of any consequence in terms of his job security leads him to try ever more outlandish permutations. If he felt that his livelihood depended on getting results in the shorter term then his approach would be much more pragmatic...
But the rolling contract is over. Remember, the owners of the club instructed the club board to terminate it. So he doesn't have the lifetime job security, does he?

IndoMike

Oh dear. I've been rumbled.
"Music" does realize you were tongue in cheek, doesn't he? I'm not quite sure from his response.