• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official exeter city v barnet matchday thread

eurogrecian

Damn - highlights aren't able to be viewed in Tenerife :(
You'll get used to it....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You'll get used to it....
I don't know if the You Tube highlights will be available tomorrow or on Sunday. But I'm unlikely to be able to put the link on here.

Huge 3 points. Well done the lads and big up for tis and his changes worked ,, thankfully...
A little bit more luck than judgement I reckon.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Despite the changes I thought the starting line up looked decent, although I would have personally tried to accommodate Stacey. We started really strongly and Barnet had no answer, as well as the goals we also hit the bar and their keeper made a couple a decent saves early on. After that Barnet came into it and showed how dangerous they could be. The goal had been coming for some time and in truth I thought Barnet were unlucky not to take at least a point away.

Somehow we just couldn't get sustained pressure and seemed to drop deeper instead of going for their defence. I thought ampadu was quality, when he got booked it was a very rare mistimed tackle and even that got some of the ball. Croll was better but makes me nervous, thought Harley gave the ball away too much and personally would have replaced him. Can see why we turn to Oakley but he isn't a long term answer. We were also forced into bringing TAH on although I think he did OK given his lack of action. The ref was quite poor I think. Akinde probably could have easily got a hat trick and could surely play at a higher level. If Barnet can assemble a stronger defence and play like that regularly they should be capable of being much higher.

All in all a huge win and results going for us as well. It could still swing the other way but if we can avoid defeat on Monday and beat Morecambe at home we should be close. Am guessing brown and James had knocks not to be in the 18 at all, unless the plan was to rest them completely and start them on Monday.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Looking at the goals very good finish by JMT and great ball from ampadu and lay off from Reid. Good work from Harley and Taylor to set up wheeler for the second.

I would put TAH at some fault for the Barnet goal. Akinde gave Pym no chance who made some good saves throughout the afternoon but failed to come a couple of times earlier in the game. Didn't appear to be clear communication between him and the back four.

PeteUSA

Their defender got a major shove in the back leading up to our second goal. I'm surprised the referee let that go.

Fareham Grecian

Their defender got a major shove in the back leading up to our second goal. I'm surprised the referee let that go.
And I'm surprised you can only find negatives from another good result.

Or am I?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
As did a couple of our players in the second half within 8 foot of the linesman on the Flybe side going towards goal and the blatant handball from Barnet , but you wont see that in the highlights.

But then as normal your opinion is limited to 43 seconds.

Mark Tyler

Troy wasn't on the pitch when Barnet scored !
Looking at the goals very good finish by JMT and great ball from ampadu and lay off from Reid. Good work from Harley and Taylor to set up wheeler for the second.

I would put TAH at some fault for the Barnet goal. Akinde gave Pym no chance who made some good saves throughout the afternoon but failed to come a couple of times earlier in the game. Didn't appear to be clear communication between him and the back four.

I think richard_portland you will find that TAH was not yet on the field when Barnet scored .