• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official exeter city v barnet matchday thread

ECFC89

Why we decided to go one up top at the start of the second half baffled me, gave all the initiative to Barnet. Somehow got over the line, over the two games vs Newport or Barnet I think we deserve 2 points. Just ****ing brilliant that no one else in this league can win !!

Benguin

Was bemoaning how deep we were sitting for 84 minutes after our goals. As others have said though it is the three points that count and the effort was good from everyone. For me the real positive was Ethan, he is pure class and looks comfortable at this level which is outstanding for a 16 year old!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Phew! one things for sure we won't get a game as tough as that again in the run in.

Much better shape and balance to us today everybody worked their socks off and their was a lot of tired bodies at the end...3 excellent saves from Pym.... Sweeney and Croll both really on the money today too, Ampudu looked a league or two higher than most on the pitch...Pym MoM

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tisdale has said the crowd was the man of the match. We supported well, despite having a nervous second half.

fred binneys head

Crowd sounded great on Grecian player - well done to everyone who played their part in this win.

rp42

If Stacey doesn't start I'm going to huff very loudly.
And did you??;)

Rog H K

My opinion. 2 up at 7 Minutes you think game over 4 or 5? but this is Exeter. We could have gone 3 or 4 up, chances missed, that is footie. Did't happen. It was our game to win. Barnet got a windy miller and had nothing to lose. They grabbed a goal. They could have sneaked a 2-2. Chuffed 3 points. Ampadu 20 out of 10. Win at Cambridge and we are in play offs IMHO

manc grecian

And did you??;)
Yes.........

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
This brought a smile to my face. Wasn't there, but delighted to see the below from Tis - well done you Grecians.

Tisdale added:

"One thing I would say today is, if I had to pick a man of the match, it would be the supporters. They were brilliant today and we are going to need them in these home games because the lift they gave and the noise was fabulous.

"They kept going from start to end and they were man of the match today."
Read more at http://www.devonlive.com/exeter-city-2-barnet-1-paul-tisdale-s-reaction-to-important-grecians-victory/story-30271768-detail/story.html#oEktDWlXPsFfjEAu.99

CWH-NYC_

My opinion. 2 up at 7 Minutes you think game over 4 or 5? but this is Exeter. We could have gone 3 or 4 up, chances missed, that is footie. Did't happen. It was our game to win. Barnet got a windy miller and had nothing to lose. They grabbed a goal. They could have sneaked a 2-2. Chuffed 3 points. Ampadu 20 out of 10. Win at Cambridge and we are in play offs IMHO
All those at the game raving about Amps, from the radio I would not have guessed that at all but that is the benefit of a trip to The Park.