• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next seasons expectations?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll tell you when we've completed our signings. At the moment I think it's hard to judge as I reckon we've still got at least three more signings to come (And no, I haven't heard anything, just a gut feeling).

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think much will depend on our start. Last season, after 8 games we were suicidal and that win against Cambridge was seen as merely giving us a chance of staying up.

As has been said, a combination of a largely settled squad, no off-field distractions and a little bit of money spare should mean we start positively and I think the fixture list has been kind with our opening 8 fixtures predominantly against relegated sides or teams that finished in the bottom half last season.

Not until we have our friends from Wycombe (who I actually think will struggle too) and then go to Pompey in 3 days at the end of Sept do we have anything tough looking. If we can start well, build some momentum, stay injury free in the spine and attract some 4k plus crowds then I am optimistic.

Still our most important game before Xmas is on Nov 7 and then hopefully Dec 5.

Antony Moxey

Expectations? None. I'd like to see us play more exciting football and do something about our embarrassing home form but I'm not holding my breath - there's little to say we'll be much different to last season.

neilybags

Without knowing who we are going to sign its difficult. If we don't significantly strengthen our defence it will be same old - letting a stupid goal in early on and then chasing the game. But with Ribeiro and Holmes in I hope to see more attacking football and a good atmosphere at SJP. I wouldn't mind us signing a terrier like midfielder either - someone who is busy, tackling and snappy. Can't wait for kick off!

PeteUSA

Without knowing who we are going to sign its difficult. If we don't significantly strengthen our defence it will be same old - letting a stupid goal in early on and then chasing the game.
You've failed to mention that your mate Pym or the other one were in goal during the "letting a stupid goal in early on" phase throughout last season. We've got a top keeper coming in who'll hopefully remain injury free. If he does, the basis of the team (less Morrison) from last season would probably give a top 7 spot a good go.

denzil

Without knowing who we are going to sign its difficult. If we don't significantly strengthen our defence it will be same old - letting a stupid goal in early on and then chasing the game. But with Ribeiro and Holmes in I hope to see more attacking football and a good atmosphere at SJP. I wouldn't mind us signing a terrier like midfielder either - someone who is busy, tackling and snappy. Can't wait for kick off!
But then we had Ribeiro and Holmes last season so we've not actually strengthened much.....................

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we started with the team we finished with we would have been in the playoffs. We don't need a massive change or overhaul, just additions at centre back and up front and we'll be good to go.