• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next seasons expectations?

DanceMagnet

This season could be different to all of those others. Almost like a tale of two Citys.
Hopefully, Hard Times are behind us now and we can push on for promotion.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
The reason that there is a good chance of at least a playoff spot this term is that we've signed a proper seasoned keeper who can hit the ground running; hopefully he'll stay injury free. IMHO goalkeeper inadaquacies last season cost us at least a top 7 finish.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could be right Pierre, but our crap start didn't really help either.

I'll settle for a good steady start, back to Tisdale's old days of putting in a strong finish in the second half of the season.

I also would like an F A Cup run, which come the third round could bring in extra income to help bolster that run in!

Terryhall

Need to be looking for minimum ten home wins. At least one more point and place higher than last season. A cup win of some description with that really needing to be in one of the two main cups. Positive attitude specifically at home, let's try and build an advantage during the first half instead of trying to win games in last twenty minutes.

To stand a reasonable chance of doing this we need minimum of a decent striker and centre back.
^ Already said all that I had to say. Last season had some very bright spells and we need to build on those, cut out the runs of poor performances, and be more consistent. A decent cup run would be great but just making the second round would be a very pleasant departure from recent times (and I still think the Swindon game does give us an opportunity to achieve that).

We needed a strong CB for most of last season and up front we need an experienced and consistent goalscorer to be the foil to Tom Nichols and / or challenge him for the first team spot and make sure he does step up to the plate as we hope he can. The signings to date are positive but hopefully these spots will also be filled and then I think we will have a good L2 squad on our hands.

denzil

I'm never happy but I will be when the glaring gaps are filled with players who have some pedigree rather than coming back from a career threatening injury and aged 33 plus that no-one else wants. I am expectant :)

Colesman Ballz

I'm never happy but I will be when the glaring gaps are filled with players who have some pedigree rather than coming back from a career threatening injury and aged 33 plus that no-one else wants. I am expectant :)
Who is the Daddy ?;)

denzil

Who is the Daddy ?;)
I'm not telling unless you're a representative of Hello magazine :)

Colesman Ballz

I'm not telling unless you're a representative of Hello magazine :)
You get my vote to take over transfer negotiations when Perryman retires !(y)

STURTZ

New grandstand.

Silver fox

Play Offs and second round of any cup competition.