• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next seasons expectations?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
With the new season just over a month away, What are people's expectations? Best formations? Better home form? A decent cup run in ANY competition? For me this is Tisdale's defining season, We have no excuses like a trip half way round the world, Going to the PFA with a begging bowl, Crap pitch. From the voices coming out from SJP (Positive for a change) I'm expecting a decent season and hopefully entertaining football, Especially at home. Away form just do what they kept doing because reading all reports we were bar a few crap results, pretty good on the road.

Off field, The development really getting off the ground, The new Finance Director being worth his wages and please, please, please stop this "We're just little old Exeter" attitude an be grateful where we are and that we still have a team, The R&L days are long in the past and it should be consigned to history!! UTC an roll on the first game! (y)

Ashford Grecian

If we can sign a 15-20 goal striker and decent centre half then play-offs at least.... We don't do cups....

ECFC_George

Well-known Exeweb poster
tom Nichol's has had his time to adjust and is gonna step up with plenty of goals. We defo need a c/b to put ribs bac as a wing bac as long as we get that and with the additions we've made and not a horrific injury list, auto' spots would be pushing it, but no doubts in my mind were gonna be around the play offs.

oh and the home fans deserve better form @ s j p

Last edited:

Alistair20000

I am looking for a top 6 finish above the Snot and am cautiously optimistic.

Avening Posse

If we attract 2 decent signings (1 at the back and 1 at the front) and they truly are decent at this level, and ideally another squad defender, I think we will be promoted as long as injuries do not decimate us, not been this optimistic for a while

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Need to be looking for minimum ten home wins. At least one more point and place higher than last season. A cup win of some description with that really needing to be in one of the two main cups. Positive attitude specifically at home, let's try and build an advantage during the first half instead of trying to win games in last twenty minutes.

To stand a reasonable chance of doing this we need minimum of a decent striker and centre back.

Grecian2K

As with every year I try to go into the season with great expectations. Even though long experience should have taught me that, City being City, there's bound to be a twist in the tale.

Still, what the dickens do I know?

Spoonz Red E

As with every year I try to go into the season with great expectations. Even though long experience should have taught me that, City being City, there's bound to be a twist in the tale.

Still, what the dickens do I know?
This season could be different to all of those others. Almost like a tale of two Citys.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Entertaining football at home & no waiting for 60 minutes before we start trying to win the game

Decent cup run