• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport 2 Apr 22 Discussion

Exehausted

I really hope that Matt sticks with Jack instead of Jake. For all of Jake's speedy runs down the wing he rarely gets in dangerous crosses. Last Saturday Jack won us quite a few corners. Now that we are starting to kook dangerous from corners that could prove critical. With Jack and Josh in the team the opposition will be aware that they are both a real threat and try and double mark them both, leaving gaps elsewhere. If Jake is in the team it will show to me that we are trying for a point rather than going for three. There is a clear difference between the two in the attacking areas and much less of a difference in the defending areas. It's Jack all day long for me.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really hope that Matt sticks with Jack instead of Jake. For all of Jake's speedy runs down the wing he rarely gets in dangerous crosses. Last Saturday Jack won us quite a few corners. Now that we are starting to kook dangerous from corners that could prove critical. With Jack and Josh in the team the opposition will be aware that they are both a real threat and try and double mark them both, leaving gaps elsewhere. If Jake is in the team it will show to me that we are trying for a point rather than going for three. There is a clear difference between the two in the attacking areas and much less of a difference in the defending areas. It's Jack all day long for me.
Tiz all about opinions but for me It's Jake all day long. He is seen as a threat by opposing teams, has pace to burn and defensively more solid. Far from trying for a point we have gained more points on the road with Jake in the team and the results are conclusive. However, it's all down to opinions

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Although I am a big fan of Jack’s delivery, from what I’ve seen in away games this season Jake’s pace and more direct approach does seems to make him the better option in away games IMO.

STURTZ

Newport 1, City 3.
It is written.

My first trip to Newport. I’ve been told it’s a sh!t h@le so I had better wipe my feet on the way out.
Me and my son must remember not to cheer when City score. Don’t want to upset the locals we’re sat with.
I’m going for a 3-1 win for City, looking forward for goals from Dieng, Phillips and Jay. COYR.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
2-1 win for me. Penalty scored by Jevani in 1st half injury time cancelled out by a Stubbsy own goal in the 87th minute. Delirium in the valleys however as Tim Dieng scored off his backside in the 93rd minute. A crowd of 5,127 with around 250 other grecians trying not to celebrate in the home section :)

Red Devon

2-1 win for me. Penalty scored by Jevani in 1st half injury time cancelled out by a Stubbsy own goal in the 87th minute. Delirium in the valleys however as Tim Dieng scored off his backside in the 93rd minute. A crowd of 5,127 with around 250 other grecians trying not to celebrate in the home section :)
If the scenes in the away end at the final whistle resemble anything like they did for our trip to Newport back in 1983 it will have been a good day 😊

If the scenes in the away end at the final whistle resemble anything like they did for our trip to Newport back in 1983 it will have been a good day 😊
Oh happy days

Number13

Didn't we have 9000 at Liverpool? Twice as much as our home gate at the time?
I can't see how anyone could complain about that.
But as has been said above, I'd happily go back in time and give someone else that ticket
I cant have that - unless you had seen City there before. Yes the game was terrible, ruined by Tisdale's selections, but to see City play at Anfield was an experience not to be missed, hence we sold our allocation and could have sold more.

Anyway, back on thread........

Avening Posse

Remember it well 😀