• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newcastles new manager *drum roll*

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
the toon army. great city , great fans, they deserve better, this one will run and run
Dreadful city, Deluded fans, Deserve what they get

grecIAN Harris

grecIAN, What's your take on all this?
As Lammie and a couple have already punned in with, there's a Joe Kinnear somewhere.:( You're an idiot for suggesting The Toon Army are getting what they deserve. No they don't. No fan deserves to see their club systematically dismantled by a fat, greedy tw@t. I know it's a different set of circumstances but don't you remember how we felt about The Fat Boyz when they were drilling us into the ground? We hounded them out in the same way The Toon Army are hounding Ashley out. The difference is Newcastle are a big club and everybody is sitting up and taking notice whereas we are small fry in comparison. It's a very sad sight to see and all because a business man didn't understand the industrial relationship that should run between a football manger and his board.

DB9

What i meant was that the part of the problem is the fans, They have this romantic idea that the team should be full of geordies and should be top of the pile, KK is shouted as some messiah which is rubbish. Every time you put on the TV or radio the toon army are suppose to the best in the world which is bollox. Ashley maybe a tw*t but that tw*t has put £250m into that club, cleared the debts R&L never put money into City just took it out.

Until those deluded barcoders realise that buying a season ticket or shirt does not give them the right to run the club the better. If they want to run it then tell them to stop moaning, go out find the money and buy it then they can have as much say as they want (Why not do an Ebbsfleet :D). Any potential investor or buyer will be put off by the fact that the fans seem to want a say in how their money would be spent.

Get relegated and then see how loyal the barcoder army are

grecIAN Harris

Until those deluded barcoders realise that buying a season ticket or shirt does not give them the right to run the club the better.
Doesn't that happen at every club? The United Republic of Mancunia thought they had such a devine right they went off and set up their own club in protest at the Glazers taking over. Whenever any club is going through sh!t times, their fans always speak out. They always think that they can manage the team/run the club better so level that at The Toon Army is pointless.
Do you not recall many on here wanting our side to be full of our local boys? Or is that selective memory kicking in?
As for Ashley, the blokes a Spurs fan. In sitting with The Toon Army, he took away from them. There was one caller on 606 last night told the story of how Ashley and his entourage took up 25 seats in the away end at Sunderland last season when he had seats available in the directors box. Those tickets are like gold dust to The Toon. Everybody wants one yet they are so very hard to get hold of. It's happening every time he sits with The Toon. They sell out their allocation away from home most every game and he is deny another 25 the chance to go and follow their club. Ashley might be the owner but it's no more his club than City was the Fat Boyz. It's a business venture to him and nothing more which is going very, very wrong. He should cut his loses and go but he's a Spurs fan to the end, trying to make as much money as he possibly can.

Last edited by a moderator:

DB9

Think you better rephrase. Not very nice term of phrase

grecIAN Harris

Nice term of phrase or not, you know exactly what I'm getting at. He's trying to screw every last penny out.

DB9

We are not in a position to buy players like Newcastle so if we had a team of Devonian's i'd be dead proud but i've never said that, you take in players from where you can. If Ashley wanted to buy 25 tickets for the Sunderland game then thats his choice and you shouldn't always listen heresay from someone who knows someone on the radio. If some one buys something outright then i'd expect they would think they have a right to do as they like within reason eg who they employ, dismiss etc if it goes tits up then its their money they lose. Why dont the barcoders then set up their own club like FC of United then they can do what they want to it

grecIAN Harris

I know you didn't but their are those out their of like mind to you, as far as The Toon are concerned, who did.
As far as the Sunderland game goes, replace Ashley with Russell and Lewis and Sunderland with the GAWS and then tell me how you'd think.
Maybe he has got the right to the run the club as he sees fit but don't think for one second that the fans won't complain and protest (as they would at any club, like we did with R&L) if they think he's making poor job of it or, as he is doing now, ruining the club.
As for the FC United thing, because The Toon stick with their side through thick and thin and, on the whole, their Geordies not from London, New York, Dehli and Tokyo. Attendences rise and fall with success and failure as they do at any club but they stick by their club.

Poultice

Ashley = R & L, ridiculous Shirley, beyond there being a degree of fat tw*ttery ?

Best thing that could happen would be relagation to the third division at which point a Trust buy out might be feasible whereupon they could become a local club for local people.

Success in the Premiersh*t is all about money and big business, the sooner it regresses to being about the fans the better in my book.

Red the Paper

Banned
He should cut his loses and go but he's a Spurs fan to the end, trying to make as much money as he possibly can.
Wonder how they will respond when the Nigerians take over