• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mugs

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe you could leave them to someone in your will?
I will pencil you in,Greg...

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have had 4 mugs this xmas
1x Round football one
1x Man utd
2x ECFC mugs :D

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its Christmas!
Today the chauffuer got out the christmas decs and out came my Exeter City Christmas Mug! :D

Oldsmobile-88

Up to 75 now....I've now started hanging them from the exposed joists in the room..

Littledragon has promised to ditch the lot of them in a skip(along with my collection of railway lamps) when i pass away!!!...Female's do not appreciate the 'tat' that male's like to collect...
90 now.....A few obscure ones this year..Hyde United,Ayr,Gateshead,Morton added to the collection after visiting those grounds for games...Still none from Eastbourne Borough,despited 2 visits to watch games at the Langley Sports ground..They are always out of stock...Grrrr..

Scooterboy 65

90 now.....A few obscure ones this year..Hyde United,Ayr,Gateshead,Morton added to the collection after visiting those grounds for games...Still none from Eastbourne Borough,despited 2 visits to watch games at the Langley Sports ground..They are always out of stock...Grrrr..
Always remember you at various conference games shooting off to get your mug. Cant remember now but was there actually a club shop at that beautiful place called Leigh RMI. Oh that was the days.

Oldsmobile-88

Always remember you at various conference games shooting off to get your mug. Cant remember now but was there actually a club shop at that beautiful place called Leigh RMI. Oh that was the days.
I only started collecting around April 2005 Phil(the first one was a game not involving the Grecians,at Barrow),so i did not get one from Leigh RMI(we had aleady played at Hylton Park that season)......Incidently i was in Leigh recently & visited the new Leigh Genesis RL ground & very 'state of the art' is is too.A complete contrast to the former ground, of which the football club was a tenant...Leigh RMI football Club have moved elsewhere,they could not afford the running costs of renting the new stadium on a matchday basis.

Hylton Park is no more...It has been flattened & is now waste ground.....I always remember that big mechanical scorebord,with the score of a RL game against Manley(Aus) & the posters in the social club advertising a Bernard Manning show!!...one of which i liberated..:D

Happy days mate...

Last edited:

Scooterboy 65

I only started collecting around April 2005 Phil(the first one was a game not involving the Grecians,at Barrow),so i did not get one from Leigh RMI(we had aleady played at Hylton Park that season)......Incidently i was in Leigh recently & visited the new Leigh Genesis RL ground & very 'state of the art' is is too.A complete contrast to the former ground, of which the football club was a tenant...Leigh RMI football Club have moved elsewhere,they could not afford the running costs of renting the new stadium on a matchday basis.

Hylton Park is no more...It has been flattened & is now waste ground.....I always remember that big mechanical scorebord,with the score of a RL game against Manley(Aus) & the posters in the social club advertising a Bernard Manning show!!...one of which i liberated..:D

Happy days mate...
Nice read there Russ and yes of course they were tenants.
I remember you taking that poster and something has just come to mind we travelled there when we were playing Australia in the Rugby world cup when Johnny won it for us.

Cowshed

Pretty cool collection Olds. Are some of the mugs the same, just with a different clubs badge printed on them? I can imagine most are just the same design made by the same company. Am I wrong?

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Pretty cool collection Olds. Are some of the mugs the same, just with a different clubs badge printed on them? I can imagine most are just the same design made by the same company. Am I wrong?
They are all quite different....Some are really good designs & have had a bit of thought put into the product..Others are a little bland.perhaps reflecting the small run from the makers( Albion Rovers & Workington fit this catagory)..Though East Stirlingshire( a tin pot club if there ever was one!,at the time) had a great one on sale,complete with a picture of the main stand at Firs Park on the side..

Oldsmobile-88

Nice read there Russ and yes of course they were tenants.
I remember you taking that poster and something has just come to mind we travelled there when we were playing Australia in the Rugby world cup when Johnny won it for us.
Yes Phil,the Rugby World Cup final coincided with our first visit to Leigh...We arrived at the ground at around midday & went into East Leigh RFC social club,where their team were meeting for a away fixture,someone thought that ECFC69 was playing!!..:D..Well he did go to Hele's(when it was a Grammar school)..

Last edited: