• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor's first press conference

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best of luck, then.
Exactly.............

muppetdodger

Very excited with this. Hoping to freshen up the squad and play more of an attacking style of football. Can't wait. Also is it me or is it nice to hear someone who actually sounds like they know what they want to say and belt it out. None of this 'Err um' 'they have every right' crap. Seemed a very promising interview for me!!

IndoMike

Best of luck, then.
Let's hope there's not a nuclear attack : we'll be frizzled before we get the breaking news.

Slogger

Well it seemed a heart felt conversation I'm lead to believe, I'm sure the bitterness from both sides proberbly a from this season, I think he got to big for his boots at the end from what I read, this fella also apparently spoke about some of his own staff thought he was out of order and loosing the plot and absolutely listened to nobody.

DanceMagnet

Very positive interview with a number of encouraging comments about a more attacking mentality and better injury management. Looking forward to seeing which of his player targets he is able to bring in.

Banksy

Good positive interview.Best of luck Matt , I'm getting good vibes.

manc grecian

In some respects Oakley going was going to happen soon as Tis left. Shame though. I had a lot of time and respect for him.
Nothing more than a yes man

malcolms

What a breath of fresh air..none of the strangulated verbal calisthenics, just a strong, confident assertion of what's needed and how he intends to do it..Nothing achieved yet, but its clear he's going to stand or fall by his own decisions rather than surround himself with 'toenailers'

Grecian2K

I totally agree with malcolms here (#SHOCK-HORROR)

More straight talking in 7 minutes than we've heard in the last seven years.

Only time will tell, of course, but I 4-1 felt a bit "inspired" listening to that.

Don't reckon poor old Matt is going to get much of a summer holiday though? ;)

IndoMike

What a breath of fresh air..none of the strangulated verbal calisthenics, just a strong, confident assertion of what's needed and how he intends to do it..Nothing achieved yet, but its clear he's going to stand or fall by his own decisions rather than surround himself with 'toenailers'
I haven't seen, read or heard the interview, but i agree.