• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - Opinions so far..

bringbackflack

Made what looked like some good signings but doesn't have a clue how to use them tactically

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Although I understand Matt Taylor needs time to bed in I feel obliged to apply the same ability ratings to Taylor as I did for Tisdale. The ratings being based on actual results with nothing to with much else. It is a method employed by the majority of supporters, media spokesmen and football chairmen.
Unfortunately Matt Taylor has now fallen into the crap manager sector, and has between a week and two years before losing his job.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doing a good job in my opinion. We've lost to two of the better teams in the division, and beaten another one (Carlisle). We were horrible today but over the games we've played so far he's made a difficult transition look fairly easy. It's important that confidence around him remains buoyant now so the players keep focused. Hopefully he will enjoy some slack from the fans after a result (and performance) which, under Tisdale, would have had a lot of people spitting feathers. I hope fans stay behind him because he's shown signs of being the kind of character that players are inspired by.

Stelios

Doing a good job in my opinion. We've lost to two of the better teams in the division, and beaten another one (Carlisle). We were horrible today but over the games we've played so far he's made a difficult transition look fairly easy. It's important that confidence around him remains buoyant now so the players keep focused. Hopefully he will enjoy some slack from the fans after a result (and performance) which, under Tisdale, would have had a lot of people spitting feathers. I hope fans stay behind him because he's shown signs of being the kind of character that players are inspired by.
Spot on. I'm still positive (deluded? :D )

Interesting in today's post-match interview he didn't lay into the players. Kept on stressing how pleased he's been with the players so far. "Done everything I've asked of them" etc. He didn't throw them under a bus and tell us how useless they were etc. He hasn't panicked.

Still far too early to judge. We had a great start, now we're on a poor run. We need to stop it immediately.

scottus86

I think Matt has had a decent start and over the last week has had to play two of the best teams in league 2. Today we played poorly but against MK we matched them and could have nicked it if we hadn't given away those silly pens. Matt Taylor does need to be a little more adaptable though, we've stuck to 4-4-2 relgiously and I think we need a little more fluidity to our shape. The first game against Carlisle Holmes, Law and Boateng were often changing wings and positions, defensively it left us open but it destroyed their midfield and defence and we haven't seen such fluid football since. I think a few players need dropping Boateng being the first, he is a great young player but hasn't been performing over the last few games. Tilson would come in to add a defensive balance to our midfield and protect the back four letting the other three midfielders do their thing. I might give L.Martin a starting place for Holmes who seemed to lack ideas today and I've been disappointed with Moxey this season and I think Woodman might actually be better, at least his balls up the wing find our players instead of hit and hope balls by Moxey. Also if Forte is still our against Notts County, I'd like Jay to start, he is an intelligent footballer and a better starting option. Abrahams is great coming off the bench but he isn't a starter. I think it'll be easier to judge after the next 3 or 4 games and see hoe Taylor handles this blip, I don't think we should be too harsh on him yet, it's been a disappointing week but against 3 hard teams.

tavyred

Today feels a bit like the tonking at home Notts gave us 12 months ago. MT needs to ditch the stool, it’s not a good look.
Still a more than competent start from Matty though.

Stelios

I think a few players need dropping Boateng being the first, he is a great young player but hasn't been performing over the last few games. Tilson would come in to add a defensive balance to our midfield and protect the back four letting the other three midfielders do their thing. Agreed (y)

I might give L.Martin a starting place for Holmes who seemed to lack ideas today. Agreed (y)

I've been disappointed with Moxey this season and I think Woodman might actually be better, at least his balls up the wing find our players instead of hit and hope balls by Moxey. Agreed (y)

Also if Forte is still our against Notts County, I'd like Jay to start, he is an intelligent footballer and a better starting option. Abrahams is great coming off the bench but he isn't a starter. Agreed (y)

I think it'll be easier to judge after the next 3 or 4 games and see hoe Taylor handles this blip, I don't think we should be too harsh on him yet, it's been a disappointing week but against 3 hard teams. Agreed (y)
Fair to say, I agree with a lot of that (y)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's even less animated than Tisdale atleast Tisdale stood up! I thought he was going to show the passion that most fans wanted. Saying that those Cowley brothers are a right couple of Richards.

geoffwp

I'm not sure what this thread is for. If it really is to assess the manager it shouldn't have been started until the end of the season. Not your best idea here Pete I'm sad to say.

Red Devon

Breath of fresh air compared to hid predecessor my only disappointment so far is we have seen precious little of this RUNNING team he promised that we were going to be.