• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - Opinions so far..

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The worrying thing for me is we seem to be going backwards not improving. For 3 games we haven't created 1 chance where we should have scored.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
While the Lincoln lot were still urging their team on at 3 up Matt was sat on his a$$ wondering WTF was happening.

Steve H

I was hoping we would get to 10 games at least before a thread like this started.....

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was hoping we would get to 10 games at least before a thread like this started.....
I have a feeling that this thread would not have been started if we had won.

manc grecian

Some bellends on here. He's still learning and needs patience. I wish he'd ditch the stool though or pick it up and smash it over the 4th officials head. First time today where we've looked naive.

PeteUSA

I have a feeling that this thread would not have been started if we had won.
Probably not Mike, but we didnt win, we lost in spectacular fashion. Okay Lincoln were top of the table before today, but I dont buy into the fact that they're so good they'll be in the autos easily, as someone said on the matchday thread. We made them look good; our team was reminicent of Colin Appletons team of the 80's, they were that bad. I dont know where MT will start with dissecting the problems we have, with Stockley looking a shadow of the player he was last season. And WTF has happened with Boateng? We were afraid Tisdale would poach him a couple of months ago!

PeteUSA

Some bellends on here. He's still learning and needs patience. I wish he'd ditch the stool though or pick it up and smash it over the 4th officials head. First time today where we've looked naive.
No bellends manc. I just dont think that a thread following MT's progress is out of order. He's still weighing up the players and various tactics with what he has (and inherited). I dont agree that fans need to be patient while he deals with a learning curve. IMHO he should be up to speed already with him learning to be a manager.

dontpassback

Early days,and it will be rough and smooth,after all it’s exeter city and we never do things easy do we ?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, It’s commendable that as a club we have given a rookie the chance rather than a manager with experience.

What concerns me is that this was presented as a done deal and that due diligence wasn’t followed in interviewing other candidates. Who has decided Matt Taylor has what it takes: Tisdale? Tagg?

I hope to be proven wrong but there is no evidence as yet that Matt is any better at football management than club legend Rob Edwards, and sadly he was found out.

Last edited:

rustle

OK, so not a good performance today. Ignoring the usual ifs and buts this was not a decent team performance, things didn't work out and it didn't look like a team that had gelled. On the other hand we've seen some decent performances so far and, as MT has said, there will be ups and downs. Not sure that sitting down out of sight is a good idea either, the Lincoln managerial team were behaving as if they were 3 0 down. Still think it's early days yet, so watch and wait is my thinking. At least there's some attacking football even if the finishing is below par at the moment.