• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - Opinions so far..

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does he command the respect of the players? I wonder about Aaron Martin, and a few other senior pros being blamed, if indirectly, for some of our defeats and in particular lapses in defence.
I think this close season should be more of a guidance as to the sort of squad Matt is looking to put together. Last summer it was possibly a bit rushed with Tisdale swooping for his mates, Jordan Storey being sold and reliance on agents perhaps. Having now been in the job for twelve months he says he knows where he needs to strengthen and presumably has feelers out already, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of last year's signings depart in the likes of Martin, Forte and Oates along with a couple of the old guard from Tisdale's era.

benjisheps

He must know who he needs to release but how much of this will be tied by Tillson like long contracts, and therefore will it cost us to release, apart from Archie and Jake I don't think we have heard anything about other players having extended their contracts.

An interesting month ahead
Woodman has been offered a 1 year contract and apparently signed. Well deserved in my opinion. He's probably not on big money and is also getting involved with coaching the U23's. I would hope that he is more back up for next season but then I thought that going into this season and he has arguably been one of the most consistent performers!!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woodman has been offered a 1 year contract and apparently signed. Well deserved in my opinion. He's probably not on big money and is also getting involved with coaching the U23's. I would hope that he is more back up for next season but then I thought that going into this season and he has arguably been one of the most consistent performers!!
I’ve heard this a few times but has it been confirmed anywhere officially. Agree that it’s good news if true.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Earlier in his career, Matt Taylor was a goalkeeper, and a pretty good one I understand. I therefore take comfort that he will know what changes need to be addressed fairly urgently in that department. We've lost an awful lot of points because of GK errors, which surely cannot be denied? Poor goalkeeping cost us 6 points in the last three games. Had we won them, we would be all but promoted now, instead of us praying for a mini miracle.

benjisheps

I’ve heard this a few times but has it been confirmed anywhere officially. Agree that it’s good news if true.
Hasn't been confirmed anywhere yet, but he has been offered a 1 yr deal for next season.