• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor’s first season

Pobbop

I wonder when the forum will settle into, not just being "bash everything about Tisdale" thing, I mean I was hoping that this thread might actually talk about Taylor, not just having back-swipes at Tisdale.

Any news on signings, backroom staff and the like, let's get behind the manager now, that's the point. Honestly, keep your Tis comments to bloody that MKDongs thing, I've no interest now, he's not our manager.

IO too wish for attacking football, and More, blooding of Grecians as we've done plenty of that recently. mr Dale Suggesting 5000 crowds, and saying that's realistic, is iMHO ridiculous, we'd need to have an 89-90 season, and for the Chiefs to shut down, considering the rest of the Teams in the division.

If we manage 4500, with fewer big clubs and nothing approaching a derby, I'd be delighted, as it would have meant we'd had a very decent season.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure if he was being tongue in cheek, but I agree with you an average of 4500 would be excellent.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looking forward to Matt's first fans forum.

LDNGrecian

I'm not sure if he was being tongue in cheek, but I agree with you an average of 4500 would be excellent.
Attendance massively relies on away fans. We didn’t have that much of an increase of home fans when we went to league 1, our average just increased due to Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Norwich etc.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any news on signings, backroom staff and the like, let's get behind the manager now, that's the point. Honestly, keep your Tis comments to bloody that MKDongs thing, I've no interest now, he's not our manager.
Quite right too Pobbop. We move on.....to greater things!

DanceMagnet

As is customary at this time of year, I'm sure we're all dying to know which players may come in, and worried about some we may lose. I suspect, though, we're in a bit of a lull until the end of June when many players' contracts will be up. MT has certainly raised the level of anticipation with what he has said so far.

Temporarily Exiled

Attendance massively relies on away fans. We didn’t have that much of an increase of home fans when we went to league 1, our average just increased due to Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Norwich etc.
That said, I can imagine a fair few away fans have been put off in the past by our awful away terrace. Maybe we'll get a bit of a boost just from fans knowing they'll have a roof over their heads, and will be able to see the match properly (those steps were not very steep).

Pobbop

Well that, and home fans want to see teams like that too, just looking at Division 4 this year, and it looks pretty bleak, not sure I'm too enthused about any fixture.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
........Seconded.